1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I thought many would find this site interesting....

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by buxton, Feb 23, 2013.

1. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

2. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

First comment towards the bottom of the page

"BOYCOTT NEW YORK.. ATTENTION TRUCK DRIVERS DO NOT DELIVER TO NEW YORK... especially toilet paper. Since that is what they think of the Constitution."

:crackup:

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Um, of course there are exceptions for cops, the entire point of those people is that the general public doesn't have the training to operate those weapons.

4. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

Who decides what is proper training?

5. WERA

WERA Administrator

The same idiots that think police training is proper.

6. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

So basically the politicians that really have no idea.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Duh. Otherwise they'd never have enacted the stupid laws that needed exceptions in the first place.

8. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

I think you're missing the point. These companies are:

So if a person cannot purchase a X-number magazine in that state, neither can the government agencies.

Personally I like the policy. It a way to take a stand against some of the crazy stuff that's been passed lately.

Dawn

9. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm reading into this incorrectly but you don't think that's a bit harsh?

Most, if not all, police training is based off military tactics, who tells them that they're doing it right or wrong?

10. luke738

luke738 Well-Known Member

The LAPD training appears to come from headless chickens.

11. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

In our town, our last Police Chief got slapped with a 209a Protective Order by his wife. Under Massachusetts law, anyone served with one of these is required to turn in all of their guns. After much hand wringing and discussion, he was allowed to carry only when on duty. :)

12. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

WTF? How do they know if you have any guns or how many you have? The honor system?

13. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

I dont know, I think most cops are trained pretty well to use their weapons. One thing I was surprised to find out, a friend of mine for the secret service says they have to qualify every month as most local and state agencies only qualify once or twice a year. So the agency that draws their weapons the least has to qualify the most, seems kinda backwards.

14. aedwards01

They have to say I swear :D

15. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I think your friend is pulling your leg.

What else do you want? Generally, LEO's are the most honest employees of all professions.

:D

16. aedwards01

I dont think so, he was telling me about it in detail. Found this also.

"Agents have to qualify on their weapons, usually a .357 SIG Sauer Magnum, every month. The caliber ensures any threat is 'neutralized' as quickly as possible."
    Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/take-a-look-at-the-secret-service-2012-11?op=1#ixzz2LmDWFUas

I thought Knotcher was referring to people in general, not specifically LEOs?

17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Well, I guess that link trumps me dbl checking with a guy I know who's a S/A with the USSS. :eek:

To amuse myself I even texted him after reading what you wrote earlier, he just replied in the past hour, quarterly. Whereas, most LE is biannually.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I remember something my former criminal justice professor (and head of the MSHP training academy) said in class one time, "You can lay a $100 bill out in the open in any police dept in the country and it will lay there for a year, untouched, but over the course of that year, 50 times that amount will be stolen in office supplies, fraudulent overtime claims, improper use of dept vehicles, padded expense accounts, etc, etc, etc".

19. aedwards01

Maybe different positions in the SS have different qualification standards?
    Dont see any reason why either of our people would lie about it.

Found this also.

Secret Service rules require agents based in Washington to qualify with a pistol once a month and with long guns every three months. But, in contrast to years past, many agents find they are given time to take the qualifying test for long guns only once or twice a year.

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/RonaldKessler/Secret-Service-polygraph-FBI/2012/05/07/id/438214#ixzz2LmkvSNab

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Name one company that doesn't have THAT problem! LOL! :D
    I always did get funny looks pulling into Hershey Park with my family and work car, never understood it. :rolleyes: :D

Nor do I, maybe he's on their equivalent of a SWAT team? Or perhaps, he's full time in a 'protection unit' to dignitary that requires more training, I dunno. What I do know is not all of SS qualifies/trains monthly.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013