1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best way to go for F4i forks

Discussion in 'Tech' started by madman, Feb 19, 2013.

1. madman

madman Well-Known Member

I know these are very similar to other bikes of the same years. Can I attain a decent result by playing with the stack? Recommendations?

Currently have .95 springs so I need more rebound and less compression I think.

2. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

Honda did put their 4 port HMAS stuff in a lot of bikes. if the stock compression stack is anything like my 04' RR was, itll be really really really soft. i went 10x stiffer on the stack and prob could have gone farther.

3. madman

madman Well-Known Member

What would be the preferred aftermarket setup? Racetech? Traxxion?

4. Dano711

Dano711 Well-Known Member

I raced one in 01-02 with Racetech front. Forks flush in triples. If memorys right 316mm eye to eye on shock with 5mm spacer on top mount. Good bike but no ground clearance.

5. madman

madman Well-Known Member

You're not kidding about the ground clearance thing.

6. Twissta

Twissta Well-Known Member

it all depends on what you are looking for, you might get gold valving, that will give you more than ample settings to play with. I changed my springs on my CBR 600RR 05 and I also have to change the valving, my stock valving won't work. hope that helps....changing the stack on stock valving may not really help you

7. Ed Sorbo

Ed Sorbo Well-Known Member

I re-valve using the stock parts all the time. I can give you any damping curve you want.

8. Dano711

Vortex had the highest rearsets back then. I cut down the shifter, brake pedal and pegs. Alot of good times on that bike.

9. kmfegan

kmfegan Well-Known Member

Extend the forks.

10. madman

madman Well-Known Member

Good idea. Gonna slash cut whatever I can.

As far as extending the forks, do I really need to go that far? Wouldn't I have to jack up the rear even more?

Was gonna try running them flush with airbox removed/clip-ons under.

11. Dano711

I had the Penske double shock extended to the max recommended length and the washer on the top mount was as thick as I could use and still get a full nut of thread engagement. After using these settings and cutting down the pegs and pedals I never had any more issues and the bike turned great. Got third on it at NSS WERA national behind Matt Lynn and Larry Delaney.