Slackers! or you're all lazy.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dave K, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You'll be able to get a grand cherokee with a diesel soon enough.

2. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

76.00 for my dmax's oil change. That's using Delo oil, 10 quarts..:D I go 5k between changes.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Next time as him why they are so adamant about no diesel in the Wrangler. Shit doesn't make sense.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why are you guys changing your diesels at 5k? Go 10, it's got a gallon and a half of oil in it :D

6. TSWebster

TSWebster Well-Known Member

Well, two and a half gallons. I change mine when the computer tells me to. Usually around 10,000.

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

You sir are correct IMNSHO!

Order me one, too.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah it is more than two isn't it, been a while since I changed it in a diesel, that's what Speedco is for :D

9. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

My Liberty CRD rocked. It pulled my 10x6 trailer better tahn my old f150 did and got 21 mpg doing it.

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

My liberty with the 3.7 pulling nothing didn't get 21 mpg. :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My Wrangler might get 21 downhill with the engine off :D

12. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

I did something similar to that. made a fummins.
    put a cummins in a ford.

13. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

I would buy one in a heartbeat. Did the math the other day and I would come out ahead even with the negative equity in my truck currently and the higher cost of fuel. The major increase in fuel economy makes that much of a difference when I'm driving 120mi/day and averaging around 17mpg in my '12 Silverado.

14. ducrcr

ducrcr reasonably fast old guy

Yup, 10,000 mile oil changes, right at 3 gallons. Fully expect the engine to outlast the truck!

15. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

I'm not disputing that this is a cool thing, but good luck when something goes wrong and having to deal with Cummins service. They are a major pain in the ass on the bigger truck side. Hopefully it's a different story on the Chrysler end.

16. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

It's not a Cummins.

17. MC Power House

MC Power House www.mphbikes.com

18. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

I am sure this is a subjective area of discussion, but I have big and small cummins stuff for my business needs. they have not treated me wrong yet.

19. Rrider

Rrider Well-Known Member

For my wife, we bought a 2007 Jeep WK Grand Cherokee with a Mercedes 3.0 CRD. it gets 22city/24 highway mpg and 17 pulling my 6x10 enclosed trailer. Awesome motor, but the tranny/gearing isn't a great match for diesel or it would get better milage. A tune would get 26/28 mpg. The new WK2 GC Diesel 3.0 (probably same motor they're putting in the 1500) will fix the gearing, it's supposed to have a 7spd tranny. Should easily get 28 on the highway.

Just turned 100k miles on our GC. 12,500 mile oil changes, 11.5 quarts of Mobil1 (MB Spec) and filter costs about $100. Changing the oil on a gas motor at 6000 miles is a wash cost wise. Thankfully, we don't have BlueTec, so no urea tank to fill. Not sure if the new Chrysler diesels are going to have urea tanks, that will add to the cost. We get approx 30-40% better mpg that a Hemi version of our GC and the 3.0 crd pulls the same 7200lb load. As long as Diesel costs within 30% of gas, we're saving money. And, this motor probably has (conservatively) another 200k miles in it. No problems what so ever with our GC. Front brake pads have at least another 50k miles of life. Only repair costs so far were a serpentine belt, an o-ring for the boost pipe and rear brakes. I'd buy the new one, if we decide to sell the '07.

Really, I thought the 3.0 would be a perfect fit in a Dakota/Tacoma sized truck. 1500 is to big for me as a DD, and borderline big for a 3.0. I'd buy a DakotA/Tacoma 3.0 Diesel today if it was available.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013
  20. TStinson

TStinson Well-Known Member

Who is going to buy one?

I am, unless the upcharge is 5 grand or something equally outrageous.

It is supposed to have an 8 speed tranny, just the the Jeep GC.