1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Color Laser printers

Discussion in 'General' started by RM Racing, Feb 15, 2013.

1. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

My Oki laser printer is no longer aligning cartridges properly and appears to have no utility for alignment. (I have looked exhaustively and talked with TS). I figure it's easier and cheaper to get a new one. That thing cost me $700 eight years ago, and it looks like they're less than half that now.

Which manufacturer makes the most reliable and tank-like color lasers these days? I would forego a million features for more reliable hardware in a network LP.

Are they are still five cartridge deals?

2. Terp01

Terp01 Well-Known Member

Go with an HP color laser. Best in the business!

They all still have the 4 color deal for the HP at least (BLK, Cyan, Magenta, and Yellow).

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Do you need multiple paper sizes, high capacity trays, duplexing, hole punching and stapling?

We use Savin printers quite a bit if you need something that can handle small work group printing. Nice machines...good support. Duplicating

http://www.duplicatingproducts.com/.../registration.cfm?SWAPPID=91&RegPageID=144109

My rep is Jamie Hines. We haven't needed anything in while so I can't say she is still on staff but you can always ask. Very nice...and easy on the eyes.

4. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Not so much the paper handling stuff. Just quality and reliability. Occasional A4 job, no punching or stapling, etc.

5. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Have you looked into business inkjets? I was set on buying a color laser as I do a ton of printing as a sales rep. At every store I went to they kept saying that the new business inkjets are very thrifty with ink and cheaper to run overall, plus print much faster. I ended up with an HP officejet pro 8600 and it's been awesome. It does two sided printing if needed and I just now replaced the color cartridges after 13 months and the black I replaced at 12 months. You can get XL cartridges that of course hold even more. I think it was like $130 or so when I got it so it's damn cheap, plus it's wireless and you can do printing from remote locations, plus off your phone or Ipad. It rocks.

6. Nafterclifen

Nafterclifen Well-Known Member

HP

Most are 4 - Cyan, Yellow, Magenta, and Black.

In general, the smaller the printer...lower page count per toner catridge, slower speed of first page out, smaller paper tray capacity, lower monthly duty cycle and page volume.

7. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

We use an older HP 2600N in our office for a couple thousand pages a month. We've had it for about 4 years with no issues.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We used to be all HP but after buying cheap ass Brother copier/printers (laser) for the field and still having yet to actually break one after I think 6 or 7 years (maybe more, dunno, seems like forever) I actually went with one for the office, so far so good and way cheaper than the old HP was.