1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How's it hangin'

Discussion in 'Tech' started by craigcoble2000, Feb 7, 2013.

1. craigcoble2000

craigcoble2000 Well-Known Member

For those of you that have enclosed trailers....how are you storing your front and rear stands? I have seen that Pit Posse makes a product but does anyone have any other suggestions????

Thanks

2. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

gladiator rack with the bicycle hooks

3. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Do you mean when traveling ? I put eye bolts thru the roof cross members and hang mine with 2 short, 12" bungees on each one, looped around with both hooks thru the eye. Just make sure you position the eye bolts so when the stand swings it won't hit anything.

4. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Nice raxx

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I bought a couple of racks from the hardware store for hanging gardening tools on. Hang them on, wrap a bungee over them and they don't move.

6. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

Nice Raxx as well

7. 2001chromo

2001chromo Well-Known Member

Dave,
    Got any pictures of how you have them in the van with the 2 bikes?

8. bigkaley

bigkaley Well-Known Member

Pics of this setup here: http://forums.13x.com/showpost.php?p=2958990&postcount=21

The above should work with Pit-Bull and Vortex stands. Maybe others, but you test/ see.

Or search "Trailer Organization" for other ideas.

9. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

Nice Raxx

10. craigcoble2000

Big Kaley,

Thanks for the pics.....

11. banzai132

banzai132 Oh shit! not again!

I shove mine between the floor and the tail of the bike. No cost involved.

12. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

This.

13. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

Winner

14. craigcoble2000

Bigkaley,

How thick are the walls in your trailer?

15. bigkaley

Trailer walls are the original material, so I'm assuming the thin wood is the Luan. I found the stud line from the manufacturer by following the screws that attach the walls to the metal ribs. The screw heads were easy to find/ see. I attached the Gladiator track by screwing into the trailer's metal ribs (studs) with self-tapping screws. I'll find the package and post a pick of the length.
    I liked the Gladiator stuff because you can add other hooks and baskets to the track. Also, while I do add an extra screw to the Bicycle Hooks to keep them from sliding slightly in the track, other than removing that screw you can move the hooks/ baskets/ hangars around in the trailer as needed if things change and you want them in a different place.
    I've been using this system for 6 years now and no stands have ever come off the wall. Installing/ removing the stands is extremely quick: hold the stand upside-down against the wall and slide it the the left to hook it, or slide it to the right to unhook it... done.

16. craigcoble2000

bigkaley,

If you can measure the thickness of the wood that would be awesome.....in discussion with others, some of their trailers have 1/4 in wood while others have 3/4 in. If you had 3/4in that would seemingly make a big difference vs the 1/4in.

Thanks...

17. bigkaley

18. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Hey you guys with Nice Raxx... I've got a question for you. My hauler has a couple of beds that are on an electric track that comes down from the ceiling, and the beds have a little gap between them and the wall. Could someone tell me how far these stick out past the wall when mounted on the wall without a stand in it? I want to make sure they retract far enough so there is no interference with the bed when I bring them down from the ceiling.

19. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

The hook is 2 1/2" the part that holds the threaded rod is an 1"

20. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Perfect... that's exactly what I needed. Thanks!