Tundra Pulls Space Shuttle

Discussion in 'General' started by cgordon3, Oct 15, 2012.

1. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

Why show up with facts? Just spout some BS, sit back, relax and let the others do the work for you. It is the way of the interwebs.

2. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Just like this post. Good demonstration!

3. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

:crackhead:

4. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

You gonna just call me names or are you going to produce facts?

5. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

names iz easiest

6. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

I guess I already did both.........

7. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Sunny!

I guess I will try it again.....

Can you tell a difference here?

Attached Files:

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I just saw this photo looking at the Washington Auto Show slides, thought you guys would get a kick out of it, esp sunshine....:D

[​IMG]

9. ThrottleJock

ThrottleJock Has been/Never was

I love my tundra. It hauls ass, it seems to take the sort of beating I deal out on a daily basis very well, and I feel like less of a redneck driving it than I did when I had my F350. The Chevy/GMC is a fantastic truck but I couldn't get over the Chevy interior (I don't like the interior on any GM products for some reason). The turbo Ford is probably a better truck but I've owned three fords (two cars and one truck) and all have broken catastrophically, so I'm personally biased (again). I would have bought the new RAM instead if I'd have read the reviews on it first. I've dismissed Dodges due to the looks up 'til this latest model, which looks nice to me. They're apparently just as fast as the Tundra with the big motor and have a much, much nicer interior and ride quality. Next time around, perhaps. Except for that my toyota will probably never die so I'll have to crash it or something.

Also, I don't give a flying fuck where my truck/car/motorcycle/toothbrush is built, or who gets the proceeds. I'm a selfish, priveleged American. I'd buy my vehicle from the Nazi's if it appealed to my wants and needs. Wait, I love Nazi products. Porsche is my favorite marque of all. I probably am a Nazi, now that I think of it.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  10. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

It is possible for one man to move a fully loaded rail car (~220,000 lbs.) on level track by hand, without assistance of any apparatus or tools.

11. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

If they were both on a moving treadmill, going in the same direction, would it still be possible?

12. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

This is from my C-130 loading manual. The first chart is the important one for this. It shows rolling / sliding coefficient on flat groin based upon how the object is in contact with the ground.

[​IMG]

For the shuttle you use the "pneumatic tire" of .030. The commercial days it weighs 292,000 so multiply that times .030 and you get 8,760 lbs. if the truck was pulling the shuttle vertically up a wall it would have to pull 292,000 lbs worth of force. On level ground and pneumatic tires it only needs less than 9.000 lbs of force.

To check that yourself: a Tundra weighs about 5,000 lbs. x .030 = 150lbs. Put your truck in neutral, put your bathroom scale against the tailgate and start pushing. When the scale reaches about 150lbs the truck will move. You don't have to push until the scale registers 5,000 lbs because you're not pushing it straight up.

Someone mentioned rail cars. Check out the multiplayer for that. If the shuttle was on rails it would only take around 1500 lbs to move it and if a tundra was on rails 25 lbs of force would get it going.

13. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

Bud Light presents...
    Real Men Of Genius.
    Today we salute you, Mr C130 Loadmaster Rolling/Sliding Coefficient Manual Guy

:D

(I love those manuals. Still have all mine. Good reference material :up: )

14. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

Very good! :bow:

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I'm sorry Huey but I, for one, am not interested in your experiences with sliding on a flat groin...

:D

16. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

:crackup:

17. What's this got to do with ken ?

[​IMG]

18. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Oh, I get it! I saw that footage on TV, and thought it was a news story about some LA gangbangers ripping off the Shuttle.

19. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Dont show up here with cold hard facts, we know that shits been photochopped! :D