1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Jeff Walker

Discussion in 'General' started by Handicapped Racer, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Sorry S. Mueller

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  2. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

RIP Godspeed

Prayers for the family, very sad to hear.

3. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

Can someone please elaborate on this?

4. lonewrench

lonewrench Mr.Charles

Last night I got a call from a good friend in Macon, he told me he had heard Jeff took his own life. I have been friends with Jeff for some time but hadn't spoken to him recently. He worked with Jerry Cooper for a long time in Macon doing fantastic work,then Jeff moved on to run his own shop. From there things get fuzzy for me as I was told he was in a really bad car accident. I hope someone from the area can shed more light on this tragedy and I'm sorry if the story isn't 100% accurate. I really wish this wasn't the case but I'm afraid there's another great tuner in heaven today. R.I.P. Ole friend, I'll never forget what you did helping Dane Westby's career in the early days. Jerry Cooper and Jeff Walker went way above and beyond to make sure Dane and I had the best shit period.:(:bow:

5. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

Thank you.

Godspeed friend.

6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Rest in Peace.....

7. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Wow. Rest in Peace...

8. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

:( Very sad to hear this.
    RIP Jeff
    Jeff built my 1st Kawi 650 engines.

9. aod99

aod99 Administrator

When I met Jeff he addressed me as "Sir". Two weekends later I was "you yankee cocksucker" Apparently that was a term of endearment.

He was one of the fastest novices on the WERA national circuit in 2001.

He joined Neighbor of the Beast in 2002 and, after putting in a stellar performance building the engines for the R6s and riding fast and smooth, joined Army Of Darkness in 2003

We were undefeated in 2003. We won every single race and finished second overall virtually every weekend. We were so dominating that I didn't write any articles for Roadracing World because I didn't feel like I had anything to write about.

One day he was telling a story about some customers coming into a bike shop he and Mark Crozier were running. He said "So a couple of red necks walked into the shop...."

I stopped him right there.

"Jeff" I inquired, displaying my yankee ignorance (despite DC being south of the Mason-Dixon line) "if they were red necks, what are you and Mark?"

He paused a minute. "We are sophisticated cosmopolitans."

"Then who is a red neck?"

"Billy Ethridge."

He was a fast rider and really hard working team mate. As soon as he had his helmet off he'd have a wrench in his hand.

I'll remember him for his open heart, team spirit and tireless work ethic.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2013
  10. Christian157

Christian157 Well-Known Member

RIP Jeff..

11. DDK732

DDK732 Well-Known Member

I first met Jeff after I made a close pass on him on the first lap of the Nelson Ledges endurance race in 2004. When I got off the bike Bruce told me I had pissed Jeff Walker off and I should go talk to him. I went over and told him I was sorry for the move and, while I can tell he still wasn't too happy with me, we shook hands and forgot about the incident. Later he built up my GSX-R engine for AMA Supersport.

He was a great guy, a great racer and a great tuner! Godspeed Jeff!

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

13. melissa

melissa Sir

I'm very saddened by this.

Jeff was a great teammate and tuner. Plus, I believe he's the one who slipped a copy of "How To Speak Southern" into our toolbox so we wouldn't be completely lost at the southern nationals. He was very conscientious about educating us yankees.

I kinda lost touch with him over the last couple of years, but I will miss him.

[​IMG]

Jeff and Stacie in happier times.

14. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

WTH? Didn't he pilot that turbo GSXR that was crazy fast?

RIP. :(

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He built that turbo.

16. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

17. Chip

Chip Registered

RIP - Very sad to hear this. Jeff was a good guy.

18. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Only two words need to be on Jeff's tombstone. Turbo and VIR.
    I'll never forget standing by the tree watching that thing spin through the kink down the front straight during practice.

The original RoadRace DVd documents that day.

19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

20. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Godspeed,

David