HotBodies for Ducati

Discussion in 'General' started by Duc748SPS, Oct 24, 2003.

1. Duc748SPS

Duc748SPS Banned

why do people put a bunch o money in 748 motors when they can get a 916/996 or even a 998 engine that makes the same power an lives alot longer than a built 748 motor. just wandering because every built 748 motor i have seen has been a rolling hand greanade..........

The 998 yes more power and torque(with the new testra head). 996 and 916 motors stock are not as good as a 784 with just no cost work. cam timing and EFI are all way off Corse specs from the factory thanks to EPA. 748 has less weight stock, rev higher safer blah blah blah...then theres the fact of getting one worked on by the factory NA Ducati race team....priceless. My friend has a 996 and hates that he can't keep up with me...nice sneaky bike. I pound this thing and have never had a problem just watch the belts and valves.

yes i know a 998 with the same work would kill it...that is what next year is about

2. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

duc power

hello
    my ductird 916/955 makes 126 @ the rear. its been fairly reliable only losing one belt this...my fault. it revs to about 10500 but likes to be short shifted at 9500. getting a 748 to those numbers would be very expensive? i have a 98 748 that is stock an it makes 88 @ the rear, i do like the extra revs but it really has no grunt.

3. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Hotbodies is junk...put a set on my buddy's zx6r.Nothing lined up.Had to trim everything,and it is horrible quality.My sharkskinz for my r1 bolted right up...........

4. mad brad

mad brad Guest

Re: duc power

and just why on earth would anyone race a ducati?

5. edlaw13

edlaw13 Bells Honda Racing

the new hotbodies stuff is very good quality, if u guys had the first run stuff i agree it sucked. the new stuff is flexible and durable. you wont be disapointed with the new stuff, and with the racer discounts u can buy 2 sets of hotbodies to 1 set of sharkskinz..

the new hotbodies crash well i have tested it myself

6. MrWheeler

MrWheeler Well-Known Member

1st/2nd run, still same garbage

I've seen both types. I was told mine was the new style. It is crap. I'll say it once more - spend the money on the Sharkskinz. Hotbodies should take the money they spend on marketing and use it for R&D - or get out of the business.

It's been a really long time since I have been so disappointed with a purchase I've made that I've bothered posting about it. This product is shit.

Jesse Seitz

7. Duc748SPS

Duc748SPS Banned

thanks to everyone...looks like I will go with the skinz since a am looking for quality...

8. edlaw13

jesse
    what bike was your hotbodies for. i have hotbodies on my f4i and r1, they fit perfect no problems at all. i have crash tested the new and the old hotbodies and their is a major difference in quality. i had a low on the new stufff a few weeks ago and the damage was just scratches it held up really well.
    i did have some of the first run hotbodies and it was horrible but they have fixed the problem.
    also their are 3 ama teams running hotbodies now so it must be good stuff.

9. MrWheeler

3 AMA teams eh?

Well,

With the added credibility of 3 AMA teams the perceived quality of the product just increased dramatically. :rolleyes:

However, that does not discount the fact that the set I used on my 2001 GSXR 600 was a total piece of shit - that I had to pay for with money I spent my life/time earning. Now I would imagine if I were given a set I'd use them. So if Hotbodes cares to give me a set of that junk for next year, they can say 3 AMA teams and one club level sprint racer.

Do you care to name the three teams?

Later,
    Jesse Seitz

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Corona Suzuki uses it.

11. edlaw13

corona suzuki
    bruce transportation group
    no limits honda

12. jhanshaw1

jhanshaw1 Active Member

Hot bodies is junk

The Hot Bodies bodywork is the worst stuff I have ever seen. I have a set on my 2000 996 and it is absolutly terrible. The 3 piece lower is a joke, no way would it hold any fluid. Front fender came pre-cracked, real nice.
    Jamie

13. Yoyo

Yoyo Well-Known Member

Try to answer this...

Name 3 AMA teams that PAY for it

We have been pushing the Sebimoto parts to AMA racers for years, but have gotten tired of hearing the "I get it for free from _____ "

14. edlaw13

should any AMA teams have to pay for bodywork?
    i would think the advertising would be payment enuff

15. Duc748SPS

Duc748SPS Banned

if it was for my race bike I don;t think quality would be big of an issuse as mucha s price......but for the Duc I am anal about quality.....

16. MrWheeler

If it's free - get some and go race AMA

But if you are one of the many mere mortals here who must pay for their own equipment with hard earned money - don't wast it. Get some bodywork elsewhere that will last a while, survive crashes, and generally not make you hate it every time you remove/reinstall it.

This is it for me on this topic.

Jesse Seitz

17. VitoDuc19

VitoDuc19 MIA

Used Sharkskinz on my Duc (750SS) great stuff, flexible, easy to prep (scuff) and paint. Never tried Hotbodies, though I've used AirTech (sucks). Any body work that uses heavy gelcoat sucks in my opinion, the stuff spider cracks just handling. Prep and painting is a pain if you want it to look good.

Vito

18. WERA522

WERA522 Lost

Jesse Seitz=Jesse Davis

Two Jesses from the Austin area?
    Jesse Seitz is a newbie to the board and stirring up trouble....
    troll?
    hmmmmmm.....:D :Poke: :beer:

19. edlaw13

has anyone other than myself had a positive experience with hotbodies

20. jtroyh

jtroyh Well-Known Member

hotbodies

Just installed a Hotbodies set on an '03 R6 yesterday.
    I noticed the lesser quality than the last set I bought of Armourbodies. It was almost as light and almost as flexible, but not nearly as nice or "ready to paint". I would say Hotbodies is Great for the money. If you want the best stuff, spend the extra $250+ and order tha Armourbodies. Both of these places had great customer svc. and their stickers are on their respective products now.