1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mass Shootings.....why all the drama

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SpeedyE, Jan 11, 2013.

1. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

I agree Papa. I did watch one person die from a gunshot and it was not pleasant to see. To watch a bunch of people, especially children, die all at the same event would be pretty well impossible to stomach for most of us.

I did have a rather morbid thought when I first heard of the Conn. shooting though. I was imagining seeing Feinstein and other rabid anti gunners, smiling to themselves and thinking, "damn, what an opportunity we have dumped in our lap."

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Come on, I realize how much y'all hate whichever party you did not vote for, but they are people too. Mothers, grandfathers, etc., they have feelings too.

Then again, we've seen people openly celebrate tsunamis and earthquakes, since it's God's punishment against the queers and the sodomites. So who knows, maybe your vision is possible.

3. ton

ton Arf!

the difference is a single perpetrator (or group of) engaging in a single act that kills multiples. it's an absolutely horrific thing to think that one person can be that fucked up.

and that a person like that could be out there at any time able to do such a thing. the odds of you or your loved ones being caught in the act of a single person seem to have gone up to the level where it's not just an occasional random act anymore...

4. maine11204

maine11204 Well-Known Member

Perception.

5. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

NEVER underestimate the underhanded, disgusting shit politicians will do and take advantage of to further their own political gains. That applies to ALL politicians.

6. livebikes

livebikes Banned

Wait....are you suggesting that Newtown was a political football, put into play by politicians to kickstart the gun control debate? Or do you just not ever, ever, ever consider what you're actually saying when you pop off like that?

7. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

I'm not saying they were behind it at all. I'm saying some took advantage of it. But no, I'm absolutely not saying they caused it or implemented it in any way.

Jesus Neil, read much into my posts lately?

8. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Oh and thanks so much for giving me that little credit in thinking. I really appreciate that.

9. livebikes

livebikes Banned

No, John. I don't think I am. I've just noticed that you've become pretty good at spouting angry invective against your "evildoer of the moment", but you often don't seem to have thought out your statements.

For the record, I linked 2 other people to this thread, and both read it the same way I did. I didn't want to be overreacting or anything, ya know?

10. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Well I'm so glad to be the center of your attention. I feel really honored. Thanks so much.

11. livebikes

livebikes Banned

I'd have challenged anyone else who blurted out the shit you have the last couple of days, John. It just happens that it was you who did, that's all. Yesterday, it was "The Media"; today "self-serving politicians". In both cases, you needed to go back and clarify your statements. Pattern maybe?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  12. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Or maybe you just feeling the need to find someone to go after. So be it. We've known each other for years, yet you suddenly decide it's time to psychoanalyze me?

Your prerogative.

13. livebikes

livebikes Banned

Not at all. I carried on the "Media" debate with many others, most of whom acknowledged my points.

14. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

And I saw your points as well. And many didn't agree, just as I didn't. That's life. not everyone agrees. I personally think we are at a low point with the government as far as their accountability and integrity. I've thought this for quite awhile. A lot of people think that. And no, I don't attribute it to Obama. I've seen a decline for many, many years and it is sinking more steadily every day. That's my opinion.

15. livebikes

livebikes Banned

And to the extent that you stated it right there, I agree completely.

16. SmokeDog34

SmokeDog34 Well-Known Member

Yep , Sales more products

17. mpolans

mpolans Well-Known Member

It's an emotion thing. Humans are emotional and lots of deaths all at once get lots of media attention. Same thing with commercial airline crashes. When it happens, a lot of people die all at once and it gets lots of media attention, so people get emotional about it. Statistically, you're safer flying on a commercial airline plane than driving around town, but there are lots of folks that freak out about flying who don't give a second thought to driving everyday.

18. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

I just saw on the evening news last night, that 20 children have died (nationwide) of the flu virus this season, yet there is not the media coverage with that, as there is with Sandy Hook. I guess there just isn't the sensationalism involved with reporting that 20 kids have died that way as there is with the S.H. tragedy.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Seriously? I am on your side and can still see the difference in death by natural cause and death by deranged killer.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's why gun nuts cannot be taken seriously. People like him hurt your credibility too much. :crackup: