1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It really was WERA's good old days.....

Discussion in 'General' started by Repo Man, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Dave_SV

Dave_SV Well-Known Member

Just give me all your trophies, and all the contingency too :)

2. davis2480

davis2480 Blake Davis's dad #122

Haha. I am dealing with people like this at work so this is all I have been thinking about. Lazy/ unmotivated people make me rant.

3. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

fixorated. cant call it a mock "race" for insurance reasons. :D

4. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Thank you for saving me the trouble of searching for that image.

5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

When my kid was 8-12 she used to do competitive Irish dancing. The first time she ever medaled, she got a second place.... and threw it in the garbage when we got home! :eek: She said if it wasn't first it didn't matter.

I had to have a little talk with her about pride in any accomplishment and realistic expectations, but privately I was kinda proud! :D

She's the same way with swimming now - 1st, or it's a shit result. Must be working for her, she's swimming Varsity next year as a sophmore.

6. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

So now you're trying to kill track days, too? :D

7. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

Sounds like you let her grow up w Ricky bobby on continuous loop!!! Awesome

8. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

This can't happen. If it did, then there really would be a "track day winner" and would no longer be a joke...

9. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

You just blew minds with that one.

10. tanks95

tanks95 Well-Known Member

Probably the best and most vivid description of a race weekend! I like it

I like to do a trackday or two, each year with friends who don’t race, but I can say the statement above does reflect my attitude there. I think our current pluralistic society that says that EVERYTHING is okay and EVERYTHING is right and EVERYONE should be doing the same thing plays into this a little.

Local bicycle clubs don’t get pissed because the Tour De (da) France guys want recognize them or vise versa.

Now extreme uphill gardening! I need to look into.

11. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:confused:

12. Matt399

Matt399 Well-Known Member

Why the hell would anyone wanna trade 2 practice sessions followed by 2 or 3+ races with other racers for 4-5 practice sessions followed by 1 race with people who don't know how to race? :confused:

13. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

:stupid:

I wish I could come to the point with as few words as you. Right on the money brother!!!:beer:

14. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

I race both road race and dirt bikes, and over the last few years at the events I have attended the amount of racers has dropped to a quarter of what is was 5 years ago.

Everyone says it's the economy, but I think it's more gas prices than anything and also the fact young kids would rather play COD.

I have a motocross track next to a highway. 10 years ago I would get 10, 15 new riders a year wanting to ride, over the last few years I have had none.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Gas prices are part of the economy. Don't disagree on the COD for MX stuff but we're actually seeing more kids than we used to. There are also as I said, way more streetbikes on tracks every year than there has ever been before. Just not as many racing.

16. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

I think WERA is on the upswing with participation. Good to see!

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah things slowly picked up last year over 2011. Between the changes we made to our setup and the economy getting a little better things are looking good.

18. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I've never understood the regular trackday participants, what's the point of being on a circuit if it's not to race?, that's why they're called "racetracks." Maybe it's just me.

19. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

Maybe it's fun to ride a motorcycle?

20. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Time trials.
    After all, racing isn't about beating the other guy. It's about beating the track better than the other guy. :D