1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Melisa Paris fails her DMV Motorcycle test

Discussion in 'General' started by forceten, Jan 3, 2013.

1. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Yep.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

interesting... never knew they had a graduated license system. Did anyone ever get cited for operating a bike too large for their endorsement? :D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They've always beed cover the clutch and never ever the brake because you'll panic and crash.

4. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And they appear to be under the impression that you can't manipulate the throttle and the front brake at the same time.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Once I got used to the wing it wouldn't have been a big deal, at first though it was a bit unwieldy - especially since I was not used to using the rear brakes and it required them to actually stop with any kind of control and quickness.

6. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Got my endorsement back in '86 on dad's Honda CX500. Had to do cones, circle and stopping from 30mph in set distance. No problem with any of them having grown up on dirtbikes and used to feathering the clutch, which was a bit necessary for navigating the cones.

I've kept the endorsement active continually since then across states and even into Canada and back. They always just see the endorsement and give it to you when you get a new license.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's funny, once you realize if you give it gas it won't fall all the way over my HD was probably the most maneuverable at slow speeds of anything I've owned.

8. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Don't know if they still do, but a few years back Wisconsin did the same thing. IIRC it was above and below 400cc...I think.

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

One of the reasons townies like `em.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'd still prefer a 400cc dual sport for in town if I were them. The HD rocked at slow speeds but sucked at splitting lanes, and jumping curbs, and cutting through yards :D

11. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

Wow really, this guy used to impress the crap out of me, before i started racing he's be at cook out and they had cones set up and this guy was the only one who could navigate them. He made the stuff look extremely easy.

I will say I didn't know that you could use a scooter to take your test!
    Good to know though!

12. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Weird. In my head (yeah I know, not the most stable place to draw conclusions from) having a hand on the front brake lever would take away a half second +/- of moving the fingers from the grip to the lever and shorten stopping distance by however many feet...

Screw em, I'm gonna keep a few fingers on my brake lever.

13. Handicapped Racer

Handicapped Racer Well-Known Member

This post begs another question, how do you perform a Mc skill test on a Can Am? Va says you can use on of them for your MC test.

14. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Florida contracted out the testing and training a few years ago. Now basically if you pay the fees, you get the endorsement. I realize they have to dumb it down for people with zero experience, but this was insane.

1/3rd of the class out of the 20+ that attended are probably dead by now. One old guy, doing the school on a scooter none the less, fell more than I have my whole life. This young girl wasn't far behind. Scary part was, everybody passed.

When you reserve your spot for the class, you can request a scooter as opposed to a MC to do the school. Yep, an automatic clutch scooter. Then you can get your endorsement and go get a Busa.

I've often wondered what the statistics are since they changed the requirements to get a MC license.:Puke:

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Oh I'm totally with you and not them. I cover both levers and I don't panic.

16. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Good question, I don't think they turn quick enough to do the cone weave and the figure 8 box would be unlikely.

17. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

I quit teaching the PA MSF course about 2 years ago and that was one of the reasons. They would allow the Can Am to go through the course and we had to watch two wheels. As long as two wheels stayed within the course they passed and go their license. It was not corrected for having 3 wheels. That was just one of many reasons I quit teaching the course.

18. Stirz

Stirz Makes my butt look big

Gawd! You just being an ass or does it just come naturally? Borrowed bike (to be able to ride anything under the endorsement), so no, I didn't think it was prudent to try with that bike when I had access to another that I knew I'd have no trouble with. Git off yer damn high horse, troll amigo!!

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Damn straight! Panthercity always trolln!
    :D

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

If you cut back on the moisturizer, your thin skin will toughen up a bit.

Accurized®