1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New gun bill may trigger next US revolution?

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by thrak410, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Anarchy does equal chaos in the real world.

2. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of gun control laws. I think our revolution will come from taxing the majority of us "middle classers" to the point of no longer being able to provide for our families.

3. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

For those saying that revolution will "never" happen, just keep some things in mind. We've had quite a few things that would "never" happen happen over the last several years.

Sorry, but I wouldn't rule anything out at this point. The country is getting strange and stressed in a major kind of way and I can't place any bets on where it will end.

I would say the government is betting on apathy as well. I'm not sure how safe of a bet that is.

4. Marcmcm

Marcmcm Huge Member

I don't think this round of "Gun Control" will result in weapons seizure but I do think its coming. They WILL pass another assault weapons ban which will not fix anything and there WILL be more mass murders which will continue to result in more regulation and eventually forced buybacks (ala Australia) and/or absolute seizure. With 80,000,000+ gun owners in America even 1/10 of 1% resistance results in A LOT of gun violence.

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'm already revolting.

6. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

You have been for awhile. :D

7. Bugman

Bugman Well-Known Member

I'll comply with the constitution and my right to defend myself against a tyrannical government.

8. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

After I give them all my ammo first. :D

9. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

Not really.

Unless someone's real world is in prison.

You've got choices. Most of them don't involve any need for government at all.

Given that this is a motorcycle racing forum, don't we all recognize that private roads can be built and used based upon individual contract, rental, and such? Especially you, as you deal with how you deal with how you price out your overall rental to customers along with insurance issues, marketing, and such.

10. Super Dave

Super Dave Exhausted and Abused

I think they are betting on "ignition".

History seems to provide lots of ways in which governments have generated tinderboxes and claims...and then established provocative manners to deal with issues and people.

If one looks over the past ten years or so...

An ideology of establishing a petty war with a rules structure that isn't based upon any victory...

Various claims that the heroes of that war are potential terrorists...

The establishment of "zones" where the helpless are required to be unarmed...

The claim of evil in objects rather than in perpetrators...

The rejection of Dong's lawmakers to engage in any rational discourse with individual citizens about how it impacts...individual citizens.

Reward groups, punish individuals for actions they have not done, establish no victory...at your expense.

Seriously, all this talk about a fiscal cliff is ridiculous in the face of facts that the US government just isn't about life, liberty, and being free from the violence of society anymore. It is the violence of society and the system of reward for being part of the state.

11. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

We'll out-source it to India.

Press 1 to Order a non-violent demonstration

Press 2 to add stone tossing and tire burning

Press 3 ......etc...etc.....

12. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Yes you are.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not talking some dream version of utopia, I'm talking reality with real human beings involved. Humans on the whole can't handle anarchy so it would be chaos.

14. noobinacan

noobinacan Well-Known Member

Its already outsourced!!! :clap::tut:

15. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

This is why I love to come here.

Way more fun than pulling out my worn copy of "Dr. Strangelove" for the daily dose of paranoia.

Somehow I picture Metalhead riding the atom bomb down yelling "Yippee Ki-Aye!"

[​IMG]

16. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Funny how much the worst case is coming true with paranoid getting closer to prepared. Even Pravda is warning against gun confiscation based on real world history which ended with millions dead and others in squalor.

17. caferace

caferace No.

cite?

-jim

18. jkhonea

jkhonea Back Again

Not saying a direct correlation, but for example:

Many said a black man would never be elected President.

Many said he wouldn't be reelected.

Many said the Healthcare Bill would never be passed.

History shows things that are said will "never" happen, happen.

Seriously, how many examples do you want? We can go through history and do this all day long.

19. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Any treaty requires 2/3 of the Senate for ratification.

20. gixxersmitty

gixxersmitty Well-Known Member

I can honestly say that I have never been so pissed off at the government as I am now over this 2nd Amendment bullshit. Saw on the CNN ticker tape at the bottom of the screen yesterday, "assault rifles selling out across U.S." Not really news to me at all but I'm hoping those numbers are real obvious to everybody in Washington and they get the message that the general public just armed the fuck out of itself.

I could easily see this sending us back into/ further into economic turmoil. Just think of how many people would be put out of work and how many businesses and websites would shut down if they banned AR-15s alone. Thats just retail parts and accessories. Think about aluminum and steel suppliers, machine parts suppliers and companies that do coatings.

This whole thing is gonna be a huge mess if someone doesnt exercise some common sense and tell Feinstein and her nut danglers to sit down and shut the fuck up.