1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

tire warmers

Discussion in 'General' started by frman496, Dec 30, 2012.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

Buddy has a set ot T2's and the front isn't long enough to go fully around the tire. I mean you have to REALLY stretch it to make it work. No thanks.

2. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I have never had an issue pulling my warmers on tight. That was on my F3 wheel, running 120/60 BStone Slicks.

3. :stupid:

...except for the part about trying other brands; I have never tried any other kind.

4. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I've been through I don't know how many T2's. They suck. My front burst into flames at Road America last year.

5. fullmetalF4i

fullmetalF4i C. Lee #826

That sucks man.
    But i think that every brand of everything has a few failures in the field.
    I've burned through a set of chicken hawk standard warmers, and had a pitbull front stand break on me. It doesnt mean that they suck. Shit happens, welds weaken, wiring shorts out, things break...

In the end the the OP has many options out there to choose from that wont break his bank.

6. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I'm gonna call 4 failed sets a crappy product, ymmv. I tried REALLY hard to like them. :down:

7. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I have a like new set out in my barn if you really want some.

8. slower than u

slower than u Well-Known Member

Ive had a set of single temp Chicken Hawks from back in the days when tire warmers were new , think they will be about 7 years old this season - blasted things have never had any issues , Im relly wanting some wiht more than one heat setting , but ,I just cant justify the expense till these go out - IMO they are well worth the extra $$

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Since you have 40-odd pairs of warmers, CHR will buy back old sets and you can use that towards new sets. Maybe you can condense a little. :D

10. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

Just to add a little balance to the discussion...Chickenhawks have their problems too.

The rear warmer on my set has always stayed on hot to the point of scorching the tire. I lived with that by manually turning it on/off as needed. This year, the front failed resulting in me promptly dumping the bike on a warm-up lap (yes, I know I should have checked it).

I recently sent them back to CH for repair.

11. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

good point.... chickenhawks can be repaired. most others cannot. watch the classifieds, on here and fleabay, you should be able to score a set of std hawks for about 200-250 shipped to you. i have tried several brands, sold all i had, when i found the hawks to be reliable and repairable. pay once and be done. Ski

12. Didn't know that; good call. :D

13. jd96

jd96 Well-Known Member

Exactly. I feel with any warmers, don't wrap them tight to store and let them cool properly. Take care of your stuff and it lasts longer.