1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Costco or Sam's?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jeff McKinney, Dec 29, 2012.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

I'm not sure how to explain that. On paper it sounds like a terrible place to work but many of them adore the company.

2. dubguy85

dubguy85 Well-Known Member

Costco.. has better meats and desserts! :D

3. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

More like appreciate. Slackers don't last so you don't generally end up pulling the load for others. They probably don't have a high opinion of the company after being fired.
    Not saying they're incredible to work for, but they aren't Satan.

4. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

Neither.

I support brick and mortar, mom and pop shops.

They're great if you need 25 rolls of paper towel though.:D

5. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

I have both memberships.....costco by a freaking mile.

come to think of it...dont even know why i have a sams membership anymore.

6. Zepp

Zepp Well-Known Member

I've had memberships for both places, definitely like Costco better

7. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Costco for the above mentioned reasons. The only reason I have a Sam's card is the one near me has a fuel center that sells diesel and it is a few pennies cheaper than the other stations around me.

8. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

One look at where they donated money to during the elections removed Costco from my list of places to shop permanently.

9. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Could be the MSM at work? Wally World is not the darling of the Lib set. Personally I dislike both Costco and Sam's Club mainly because they dictate design to their suppliers AND they are so large that the suppliers can't afford to tell them to take a hike.....You get what they want you to have. It distorts the supply/demand part of the free market economy and makes penetrating the market with a new different product that much harder.....Thank DOG for the interwebs.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Fer fuxake people, don't go double-down ruhturded over a warehouse shopping choice and turn this into a classic Dungeon thread. :down:

11. dasrider

dasrider 99 problems

I've had a BJs membership for a few years now, solely based on the store's proximity to my house. However, I've been to a Costco several times with family and I much prefer the selection there. If only it were closer...

12. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

Costco - no pink slime in their hamburger (or so they claim).

13. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

Costco. End of story.

14. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

But its the normal stupid around here.

15. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I wish I had a Costco closer by. We have a membership to both and I prefer Costco.

16. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I used to have both, they each sold items I couldn't get at the other. When my diet changed, I went with Costco because it was closer. Now that we have a cow in the freezer, I just use amazon prime for all of my paper products and baby stuff. Free two day shipping and I don't have to get off my butt or worry about packing the 9 to go fight over 40 rolls of TP with the halfling in tow.

17. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

never been to a costco, i have a membership to sams, no complaints, i go there to save money on the things they have

18. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Don't have either one around here so don't have the choice.

19. Jeff McKinney

Jeff McKinney Well-Known Member

Lol,yea,i live in Mason now,Pisgah one is pretty good,haven't had Mason yet,but IMO Reading is the best.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Kinda like Skyline at Clifton and Ludlow :D