1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecticut School Shooting

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Muddy

Muddy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't recommend someone carrying at an elementary school, this would be one of the last places you would think to need it. This is just horrible.

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Sorry Man.... the sooner he goes to Hell the better IMO....

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm willing to bet that there are 20+ sets of parents out there who would have wanted to hear his justifications, and to look him in the eye in court while he gets what's coming to him.

4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Why's that?

5. LWGP

LWGP Well-Known Member

so you are saying, if those kids were allowed to carry, they could have shut this guy down? are you insane?

never mind, it is clear that you are an idiot.

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Damn, good call. They just reported that they found a body at the shooters home.

This is all too sick to comprehend.

7. gaitherb

gaitherb Well-Known Member

It sounds like you need help if you have considered how many kids you can effectively kill with a knife.

I'm not going to quibble with your regarding the use of relative terms. But yes, depending on the weapons used, some handguns are extraordinary in their delivery of bullets...certainly the capacity/number of bullets.

You have fallen into the extraordinarly simple rationale of stating that anything can be used as a weapon therefore we should limit or ban nothing...that's an "extraordinarily" simple analysis/rationale for the complex world that we live in. I submit that if you were in charge of drafting legislation/laws you would employ this "simple" rationale, or would you attempt to engage in meaningful discussions to address a real problem ... there have been over 30 school shootings since Columbine.

Individuals with mental health issues are able to acquire weapons and large amounts of ammo to kill innocent people. I ask you to go further and deeper than your Clorox analysis.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Good Point..... :up:

9. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

From what I understand, he started in the school office. Had any of them been carrying, it might not have gone any further.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Yes, that's exactly what I'm saying. Give them all machetes and a book of matches, too. :rolleyes:

I'd take offense to that, if you had even the first clue. :FL:

Where did I say "kids"? Can you point that out for me, please, just so you don't look like a complete fucktard in front of all these people? :crackhead:

Smart move. You'll lose.

Yet your "simple rationale" is that the tools are the culpable party and their mere existence creates piles of dead bodies...yeah, I'm the simplistic one. :rolleyes:

Equally as stupid an argument. Try again...or not.

11. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

I'm a "gun guy." I understand what you're getting at. I'd certainly be willing to discuss the weapons, if the discussion also included free speech and the almost unlimited access our youth have to Hate in various forms of media. Something's way out of whack but I'm sure I don't know WTF the answer is.

12. mx3TT

mx3TT Well-Known Member

It was his mother's house apparently. This guy must have been a piece of work.

Also, how many more school shootings need to happen before they put armed officers at every entrance in every school across the country?

13. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

just because you carry a tool does not make you a proficient user of said tool.
    the element of surprise and shock is very overpowering. I am guessing that allowing the school staff to carry would just lead to the same dead body, only this time, they will have a gun in their hand.

I really dont think there is a simple solution to this from either side.

14. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Yup. Let's discuss it.

News is saying he was armed with a .223. So I imagine the knee-jerk reaction is "assault rifle." Right?

So we ban those extraordinary weapons... you know... assault rifles like an AR-15. Now what's the difference between the run of the mill AR that you buy at Gander Mountain and a hunting rifle chambered in .223?

(Hint... it's the shape.)

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Correct.

The difference being, with no chance of a "good guy" in the house with the tools to counter the attack, the outcome is certain. There's still a small chance that an attack could be thwarted/mitigated were the attacker to meet armed resistance.

16. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

They have at in the hood.

unfortunately all these school shootings happen in the suburbs.

17. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

I see, the probability of it.

good point.

18. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Why do they keep saying "two pistols" then? Was it one of those stupid AR pistols?

19. socal

socal Well-Known Member

At least some fault rests with the vast amount of weapons in the US. It remains very easy to obtain guns. Far far fewer die at the hands of gunman in the rest of the industrialized world.

20. jeremy dunn

jeremy dunn Well-Known Member

They just released that they found 1 of the shooters parents dead in their home in NJ