Stoner talking smack...

Discussion in 'General' started by ACDNate, Dec 12, 2012.

1. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

That's also more than 20-30yrs ago, do try to keep up for a change. :D

2. caferace

caferace No.

Don't ask questions you don't want answered, then. :crackhead:

-jim

3. CommandoRR

CommandoRR Well-Known Member

Wow. Not to name names, but some people in this thread went full retard.

4. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

You conveniently left out my first post in this thread.

Damn, you're like the Rossi fans, leaving out the important stuff and shit.

After rereading your post I can see how my translation got lost but I wanted to point out the "quite possibly longer" part......after giving it further thought, I still think the racing since 2007 has been fiercer than even the 80's.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Since we have devolved into full hair splitting mode, it is closer to 1/3 than 1/2.:D

7. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

If you want to be literal, Rossi was the best racer in the last decade. Who has the most championships since 2002? Rossi isn't even my favorite racer but I can't deny this.

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I'm not saying he wasn't the GOAT or runner up, all I'm saying is he didn't come out as the best while the competition was at it's fiercest with multiple and consistent winners/champions.

Rossi, from 2001-2006, didn't have any real competition, IMHO. The term, Aliens, didn't even exist until around 2007-2008.

9. bleacht

You might be the Steelcityracer of Stoner fans, just saying:crackup:

10. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Then he needs to point out (or you since you seem to know better) where I can find it. Every search I've looked at repeats the exact same thing I posted.

So please, do tell. Otherwise this will just be the "I know you are but what am I" dance. :beer:

11. bleacht

My fault, his complaints about people not liking him more were during the questions asked following the announcement.

http://motomatters.com/interview/2012/05/17/casey_stoner_explains_his_decision_to_re.html

12. 600 dbl are

Sorry. Still searching for where he complains about people not liking him or him throwing "most" of the paddock under the bus.

There's a lot of truth in his statements. But I guess since it's Stoner he is just crying about it?

13. bleacht

I can't read the article for you but your blind love can't be that strong. He admits that his retiring has in part to do with criticism he received about the lactose intolerance thing and crashing often. I understand he doesnt like the direction Motogp is going but he just seems mentally fragile. Also, I'm not the guy that made comments about the paddock being thrown under the bus.

14. 600 dbl are

I see. So his dissapointment in the way the press handled his condition equates to him somehow stating in your mind "no one likes me".

Got it.

Now that I know you like to make things up as you see fit I can understand where you are coming from.

No further explanation needed. Thank you.

15. G.Irish

G.Irish Well-Known Member

Well, Stoner is 4th on the all-time premier-class wins list, and won more races than the person who is number 1 on that list during the time they raced together. The 3 people who are ahead of Stoner on the all-time premier class wins list are Doohan, Agostini, and Rossi. All three of those guys raced for a lot longer than Stoner did.

One can't call Stoner the GOAT but he is certainly one of the best of all time.

16. Careful. I got attacked on here for saying that a few years ago when Stoner missed 3 races for no good reason.

17. Stoner always claims that he's not an emotional person but he always seems like one of the riders most likely to get butt hurt.

18. Really? They both talked shit for 3 or 4 weeks leading up to the race. At that time, the race they were talking smack about was in the future. People can't talk shit about what will happen in the future? Try telling that to Muhhamed Ali. Hell, try telling that to Davie Stone. He has routinely talked smack about what he was gonna do in future races.

19. The point is, talking smack on a former opponent when your no longer competing, seems lame.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

And I'll that one doesn't need a subjective GOAT title when one is better than the GOAT. Same number of championships in head-to-head racing, number of race wins is the tiebreaker. Case closed. :D