1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Advice needed on dealing with a MC vendor

Discussion in 'General' started by antirich, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hmmmm, a shop was to machine the cylinder head of a router to match the european sized extra medium F1 shirt and Dits shit in the box and UPS damaged it?

2. kangasj

kangasj Banned

Exactly, and the fat java the hut lady died but we don't know if she croaked before or after she paid Zippy.....end of story....;)

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

So are we back to helping the OP or are we still doing router / ups shit ?:confused: :D

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah same here, seems like the buyer got his $600 back and the $600 UPS refund - so he made $600 for buying a router...

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mediocre packing and a 70 foot drop in a sorting facility.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, they're the shipper and between them and UPS they have responsibility until the item(s) are in the receivers hands in good shape. The receiver can't file a claim and therefore all responsibility is on the shippers end.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And that is one of the best cartoons ever - the series and that particular one both :D

10. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Man, I post something on the way out of the office, and come back to all of this. Glad it was entertaining for everyone :D

Just just to set the record straight, I didn't sell or deliver a router, it was a Triumph head and exhaust parts. If i was going to bitch about a computer part, I'd post it on a computer forum :D

Hey Pat, long time no hear/see. Thanks for actually responding to the post :D

Yea, you've pretty much summed it up. I can't do jack, cause I'm not the shipper. UPS only deals with their customers, which is the shop. Even though I have a UPS account and I'm the owner of the item, it doesn't matter.

I actually used FedEx to ship the parts there, and yes I have the paperwork. Doesn't really help though :(

How UPS damaged such a heavy package is beyond me. I have the tracking report and it states:

"Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage"

I even stopped by the local UPS processing warehouse where the package was last scanned in. It supposedly made it on the truck too. The guy as desk typed in the info, and said "sorry, package is gone, make a claim". I asked if I could have what's left, for it would be hard to actually ruin the item. Guy just looked pissed and said louder "file a claim". What an F'n asshole!

So long story short, items where lost, UPS says it's up the shipper to do the paperwork, and the shipper hasn't done shit on over 3 months. Like I stated in the original post, I think he's trying to get UPS to pay the full retail value, which is over $2000 I'm sure.

And I only paid him for the first valve job, decking and port match, about $550.

Now that I remember, he didn't even port match the second head i sent. :mad:

On the plus side, the bike dynoed very well with the new head :D

11. Hollywood

Hollywood different breed

This place is awesome.

Bored out of your mind at work? Buried up to your nose in TPS reports? Dreading another "meeting before we have the meeting about the meeting"?

Just fire up the WERA bbs, it's guaranteed to please.

OP, sorry for your troubles man, but you are now at the mercy of the shop filing the correct claim and waiting for them to be truthful in what the outcome of that claim is. UPS is pretty good at shielding it's customers (the shop was their customer, not you even though you had your property being shipped by them) from angry 3rd parties (you) and by doing that keeps themselves out of court. If the shop signed that the contents were in the box when it shipped, and UPS says there's nothing in the box, something isn't right. I hope it all work out and that you eventually see a portion of the insured amount coming back to you.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  12. antirich

He's now thinking about buying a router. Apparently, they're easier to insure :D

13. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

96 ports! $600 dollars!

14. zippytech

zippytech Running On Pumpedupness!!

Cisco Catalyst 5000 switches are not worth much, we had 20 of them.

15. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I'm just wondering who at UPS has a Daytona 675. :D

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Ship them to the Antirich and insure them for $1000 each, I think he posted today he still needs one.

17. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

:stupid:

:bow:

18. antirich

I bet it was some kid who thought it was for a Honda Civic and is trying to sell it on eBay as such.

I'm also wondering if the shipper screwed up and didn't put the value on the shipping slip. I think the default is only $250.

19. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Well if I was you, I would let us all know who the shop was so others don't have the same problem. Let the shop receive a 1000 e-mails from pissed off WERA members and see how that changes their attitude.

Also, make a cartoon about it like your desmosedicci track day cartoon. Classic!

20. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

If communication has broken down, send the shop a certified letter requesting payment within a certain time frame. You do not have to wait for ups to pay them to get your money. Next step...letter from lawyer.