1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA Classifieds Scammer

Discussion in 'General' started by TrackStar, Nov 23, 2012.

1. 11truckie

11truckie Member

I got an email from someone with the same email address asking the same questions about a track bike I'm selling on the boards. He's an oceanographer at sea and has no access to his online bank account (just email and PayPal, apparently) , so he has to pay using PayPal. I Googled PayPal scams and the first thing to come up was the "marine biologist out at sea" story. It's like tophyr said, they're not even trying anymore.

2. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And the scamming goes on... e-mail response to my $250 Bell Star Helmet:

3. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

^^^^^^ Yup, just got the same one. I said "be more specific". He said just price out everything you're selling. hahah, goodbye.

4. ElBigBC

ElBigBC Never done learning

Just received emails from both the trenton and robert scammers. If you have "4real" in any part of your email, you better be a rapper I have heard of...

5. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Ouch... metalhead and amafan in the same paragraph. :crackup:

6. 11truckie

11truckie Member

I just got the [email protected] scam attempt as well. I knew it was fishy when he asked how much I was asking for the bike-it's in the ad twice, let alone the broken English and the well-worn Western Union scam. He wanted to call "dibs" too. That's a new one. I wish my bike was getting some real traction.

7. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

I got that one earlier today. I'm posting a die cast motoGP bike in there tomorrow for $15,000 see if he wants it.

8. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

"Skipper Scherff, the marine engineer, wanted the following info from me to purchase my bike from the classifieds too.

"1.Your Full name.
    2.Your PayPal Email Address.
    3.Your phone number.

Once again, I will like you to know that you will not be responsible for shipping, I will have my mover come over as soon as you have your money in your account.

Kindest Regards."

The only part that confuses me is what damage he really could have done with my name, email, paypal address, and phone number.

9. TrackStar

TrackStar www.trackstar1.com

Hack your paypal?

10. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Guess who just responded to my trailer ad. :crackup:

11. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

"Thank you for your response, I am an oceanographer and I am currently on sea at the moment. I am buying the toy hauler as a surprise gift for my son because his birthday is close. He won't know anything about it until it gets delivered to him on his birthday. I can only pay through PayPal as I don't have access to my bank account online/internet banking, but I have my bank account attached to my PayPal account and this is why I insisted on paying you through PayPal. So please get back to me with your PayPal email address so I can proceed with the payment and after I have made the payment, I have a pick up agent that will come around for verification and to pick it up.
    Thank You, Regards
    Trenton Harper"

12. bme61679

bme61679 Well-Known Member

^ received a similar response from the "buyer"