1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Cleaning House??

Discussion in 'General' started by TwiztidR6, Nov 10, 2012.

1. TwiztidR6

TwiztidR6 Well-Known Member

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not real surprising, Audi doesn't like losing and under the current people Ducati isn't winning.

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What I find most Interesting is if they are actually going to have Suter build the chassis for next year.

These could be perfect for an engine lease bike for 2014.

4. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Should have been done a few years ago. Hopefully this turns out to be a good thing for Nicky and Ben.

5. TwiztidR6

TwiztidR6 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but it did say seperate, parallel project. So, are they just going to take all the good data they get from the Suter and then build their own in-house? If anything, should help speed up development.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Without a new engine design Suter is screwed too.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Yeap, but if they are doing the chassis for Ducati and Ducati agrees to lease the engines to a private team, Suter would be in a prime seat. Lots of ifs in that and shit.

Got to wonder what Aprilia would do if the CRTs give way to the Honda production racers, Yamaha engine lease bikes and whatever Ducati comes up with.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Suter is gonna be busy as hell. They're designing a Moto 3 chassis andengine for Mahindra.

9. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

+1
    Changing the manufacturer of the frame does nothing if the inherent reason for the problem is the engine design/structure/layout.

I'm guessing that at some point the engine will no longer be an L and be more like a V.

10. kneedragger29

kneedragger29 Well-Known Member

Has anyone ever wondered why, of all the things they have tried, did they not just build it into a damn V & see what happens? They've tried everything else but the one thing that riders & engineers are saying is the issue.
    Yes, there is the issue of tradition, but come on, the thing is two L's side by side. Who really gives a crap at this point? Do they think they will alienate their fans? Please.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Happy trails Pretzels

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

A little late.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

My guess is it's a rumor or someone has talked to Ducati and Suter about sourcing engines and building a CRT machine. The nuking of Preziosi and the Suter rumor could be separate, I can see them not having faith in Preziosi but it doesn't make sense to have a chassis builder in house and outsource it while keeping what pretty much everyone agrees is the problem area in house.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Hah! Has anything they've (Ducati Corse) done in recent years made sense?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope but this isn't Ducati according to the article, it's Audi so I'm trying to think German and racing at the same time :D

16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I'm thinking they might be having Suter design and build chassis' for them s well as doing their own as see which works better.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Seems like a good idea but I can't see the Germans going for that kind of expense without more of a potential of Suter getting it right. What do they have that Ducati doesn't for engineers or experience?

18. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I think audi is going to do whatever it takes to get it right, cost be damned(within reason).

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Could be, I truly hope so.

20. Swiss people :)