"Crazy" Joe Pomeroy

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by hinshaw929, Oct 27, 2012.

1. Theother46

Theother46 Active Member

Joe,

Congrats to you on your GNF ride. Thanks for the peek inside of your bikes. Again, they are among the best prepped one off bikes I have seen in 20 years of racing.

2. promod

promod Well-Known Member

crazy joe

jim is leading you people down the road,,ha,ha,joe is crazy like a fox,,the best bikes i've ever seen,,the same speed lap after lap etc.etc.etc. and watch out for his crew they drank all my wine at ricks cookout after rent a cop ran us out of the pits,,well no donut for him,,joe helped me with info and advice ,,and he is a crazy guy thats why we'll be hanging out with him and his guys nx. year,,love wera staff and crew ,,what a blast.....steve

3. charles

charles The Transporter

I'm tellin' ya, Steve, Joe is just plain CrAzY...he has some sort of MotoGP 'auto-pilot' thingie on his bikes that keeps his lap times consistent.

4. promod

promod Well-Known Member

crazy joe

charles,,dam it took all day,,was delievering some parts to my austin customer ,,stopped at new f1 track ,,media day ,,saw it myself!!!joe his pal jim ,you and lyn made one of those f1 passing widgets,, you 2 stroke guys are some sneaky dudes,,,, and that has to be his secret!!!!!!!!!!!!i knew i shoulda bought a 2 stroke in stead of this dam diesel,we are on to you;ll ,,i;m going to have stickboy park where he can watch you;ll,from now on..aahhaa

5. charles

charles The Transporter

Don't give Stickboy any ideas about watching me any more than he does now...:D

When you come over to the 'Dark Side' and ride one of those sneaky 2-Strokers, we'll give you one of those widgets that Joe is using...

6. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking Joe is on the Lance Armstrong juice and/or is having two-stroke oil transfused into his blood by Dr. Charles. Or maybe it's giant hamPster blood he's juicing. Regardless, I recommend that mandatory drug testing be required of all podium finishers. :D And no, Charles, I will NOT collect the urine samples.

7. charles

charles The Transporter

I asked Joe about this subject, and he said, "I'm not doping. I just get on my bike and ride."...now, the apparent inhalation and ingestion of 2-stroke oil, well, that's another story best left untold...Stickboy has the urine collection job down pat, he had Bridgestone make special rubber containers, why do you think we stop by his luxury mobile tire-home?

8. promod

promod Well-Known Member

crazy joe

ok --some folks have lost their way...what we have here is as decent A person as i've met in a long time,,,went out of his way to help me get into wera racing !!!!he did not know me ,,we have never met before,he spent over an hour at tally -do this ,don't do that,call this guy-etc..etc...got me going the rite way,,i'm set to go in wera vintage for 2013..i came from nhra top fuel and ihra--ama dragbike racing ...old dude just want to ride my motorcycle-have fun with real people,,and thats what i found,,thanks joe --take a bow !!!!!!!!!!!! wish i knew more crazy joes..........steve.wera #141

9. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I appreciate the comments Steve. I'm just paying back the karma bank. Mark Morrow did the same for me way back in 2001. Jim, Charles, and others have also helped out in one way or another over time. To me, true wisdom is listening to someone who has the knowledge and expertise that you don't and then apply that to your personal situation. I hate to waste time and trying to figure everything out on your own may be noble, but it isn't very efficient.

10. promod

promod Well-Known Member

crazy joe

already i;m adding to karma bank-wow,,have pals in texas i'm going to bring to wera events in 2013 they will be faithful competitors in vintage classes,,i will help all i can,,like u- charles-rick-lyn-long-novell etc. have helped me,,,,thats it for now--see you'll at tally !!!!!happy new year,,,steve......

11. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Steve, I got to hang out with Joe at lunch one day with Dennis (Gypsy racing), Chuck (GPracer15) and Tim (I don't know if he's on this board). Joe's a good dude. So are the rest of them guys. They make you feel welcomed into the sport. Also, Charles is about a stand guy as they come. he helped me BIGTIME. He's the one that turned me onto Jim Hinshaw and his fast from the past company. I bought a steering damper from him. ALL these dudes are good dudes. Friendly and helpful. You couldn't ask for a better bunch of people to get mixed up with. because of these fine folks and their help, I too, will be out racing in vintage next season. I can't wait. I hope to meet you then too.:)

12. promod

promod Well-Known Member

crazy joe

thanks metal h.,,,ditto on meeting you guys,,,steve 141................