1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The GNF is over...

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Great to see all of you ladies and gentlemen from out west making the trip !!:beer:

Oh yeah, Brandon Bones has more go go than the Energizer bunny!!:rock:

2. Renaissance man

Renaissance man Well-Known Member

We really enjoyed it!

Hopefully, this is the start to many more great years to come at Barber. If this was not held at Barber, we probably wouldn't have come. It was a lot nicer to be there vs. Road A.

The racing was much better than anyone could have planned in "big bike" classes. Danny (Kelsey) and I enjoyed it a lot!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  3. randomwalker

randomwalker Well-Known Member

This was my first GNF. Great overall experience and I made good progress on the track, recording my personal fastest lap ever. Thanks again to all the staff, corner workers and folks who worked behind the scenes, and to the awesome announcer, all of whom made the whole thing a memorable event for me. Where is next year's GNF?

Never mind. I see it's going to be at Barber in 2013. That's good.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  4. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

:up:

5. studio819

studio819 Well-Known Member

"Oh yeah, Brandon Bones has more go go than the Energizer bunny!!"

Oh if you could only see how I'm feeling right about now :)
    Almost back to the house in Fort Worth now though. Leaving (driving) for Vegas in 2 days

6. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

We are fortunate to have such a great racing Org, looking forward to next season!

WERA is good peeps!:up:

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Loved having it at Barber as well. Great time and extremely well-run event.

:beer:

8. MCoop

MCoop Trackhead Motorsports

It was my 1st GNF also, and my 1st time at Barber. I couldn't believe how many bikes/riders were there!

Great venue and I had a lot of fun (nice shiny porcelain trophies).

Wish we could have a GNF every month!

9. It definitely was a great event. Easily the most fun I have had on and off the track. I was bummed pulling out of the paddock. Thanks to WERA, the officials and corner workers. Awesome weekend. :clap:

But I still like Road Atlanta better. :D

10. bEeR

bEeR Hookers & Blow

I'm with you on that. The indy cars have really done a lot of damage to the track at Barber.

11. The front end will do some crazy stuff cresting the hill at T4 if you aren't on the right line, that is for sure.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Up.

Forget the exact numbers but Sportsman entries were the highest since 2006. Rider turnout was up 12% or so over last year.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Keep them kenneled/rv'd/trailered at all times in the paddock except for quick bathroom runs and you're good. We take ours out to lot C (turn right out of the paddock and it's on the left a couple of driveways down) to walk them for our events, works great.

I thought we'd get in trouble when Evelyne decided to bring them out to visit during the winners circle but luckily no one noticed :D

14. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

The right line is smooth if you know where it is though. Not my fault I have a lot of laps there :D.

Getting the damn BIKE setup right at Barber is critical though. far more critical than Road Atlanta, and I think that makes it better for a GNF too. :D

Im biased though. I like barber way better.

15. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

I kept giving you the "shut the fuck up" look

And you kept giving me the "what?" look :D

16. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

What? Road A gets way more abuse. Barber traction levels are way more consistent and I feel the track is in way better shape than Road A. Try riding a vintage bike around both places. Then you will truly know what real bumps feel like.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Interestingly enough, the track at Barber is going to be ground this off season to take down some of the bumps and smooth it back out...

18. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Awesome. With a proper setup and line selection they are not that bad now but smoother is better for sure.

I was wondering how long before they decided to do something