1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you 'blue collared'?

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Oct 10, 2012.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

How many rolls of socks do you use to stuff?

2. These are the best pictures i could find on google to illustrate working in the Derrick. I was a Derrickhand for 2 years and it was probably the most fun I have had offshore.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  3. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

Sounds like some weird S&M fantasy that you would share with putter & cannoli

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

looks like you have your hands on a rather large shaft :D (and your jump suit is blue!)

5. SlyRy

SlyRy Registered user

White collar here, its great for the most part (especially pay). It can get boring being at a desk all day, maybe that's why all of my hobbies are dangerous.

Only thing that sucks is the occasional A-hole, who feels they are so important.

6. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Who do you work for, again?

7. :crackup:

That isnt me. That is just some google image i found. I didnt wear such gay clothing when i worked Derricks and the belt/harness we wore wasn't as bulky with as many straps (in other words, it was a lot more dangerous). Safety standards have increased a lot since i worked Derricks.

I don't work for a Contractor now, I work for a 3rd party Surveying/Consulting Company.

8. styles

styles The untrained eye

Nope. I have soft hands.

9. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Pshhhhh
    Kids stuff :D

To answer the op, yes. I climb/repair/maintain/weld on water towers. Average 150' ft high but as tall as 300ft.

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Ok, who did you work for? Are you trying to hide the fact that it was actually you who broke that well in the Gulf???

11. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Sounds boring. That's all you did?

12. :crackup: I had nothing to do with it. I have never worked for Transocean nor BP. I was working in Brazil when that happened.

13. cleanEG

cleanEG Well-Known Member

I work in IT -- isnt that considered "modern day" blue collar work?

14. Quick10

Quick10 Habitual Offender

Hmmm I have engineer in my job title, but I actually turn wrenches on aircraft for NASA.

15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Pff. Me and the ol ladys 20th anniversary is coming up. You wait till I post up about THAT shit. I've got enough to write a frickin BOOK!:up:

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nope, most IT dudes I know can barely be bothered to wear a clean Green Lantern tshirt that isn't 2 sizes too small to work. No need to touch on the flip flops. :D

17. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Well, it looks like there's quite a few wrench turners and thumb smashers in here. That's cool. I always figured most of y'all were rich and stuff, what with the way y'all can throw money around at racing and bikes. I'm kinda poor. I have to save my ass off and work side jobs to make track riding/racing a reality. Glad to know I ain't the only one.:)

18. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

Is being a killer for hire considered blue or white collar work? I hear its a growth industry.

19. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

I'm a broke-as-a-joke motorcycle mechanic. My hands are starting to hurt all the time so it isn't as fun as it used to be. When I grow up I'm going to be a manager or some shit where I can surf the desk all day.

20. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

Is a police officer considered blue collar? (besides the fact that our uniforms are blue)