1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to launch 09 R6

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Derick, Sep 25, 2012.

1. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

I thought increasing torque=wheelie potential, so the ideal launch was where torque is flat/gradually reducing and power is rising, with enough to keep the engine in the same part of the curve on the rev drop from 1st to 2nd. as above, works out to be ~10k or a bit more on most 600s.

2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

LOL .. i didn't mean "i don't get it" because i really don't get it.. i mean i don't get why many think that sprocket changes somehow change what rpm you launch a bike at.

3. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

:stupid:

You go off feel and maybe with different gearing, there is different feel that happens as well, as a rider. Who knows. As long as your first into T1, the rest doesn't matter. :D

4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

that coulda been a Ricky Bobby quote if they had raced bikes.. !

5. sgr62004

sgr62004 Well-Known Member

Ream the shit out of it, feather the clutch, replace plates and end of the day.

6. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

LOL Sam!

7. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

:beer:

8. ed who?

ed who? the opposite of eharmony.

yeah... its still only a 3.07 ratio... no different than all the R6 guys running 15/46 I just dont have that size rear Marvic sprockets plus (not getting into here) i dont like to run bigger than 43t rear sprockets for another reason. Also i run the big 200 Ntech DOT (i have a 6" rim as well) and that REALLY changes gearing so im probably more like a 2.95/3.0 ratio to those running the smaller Pirelli/Dunlop 190's or even the Pirelli 180 guys.