Egyptians storm US embassy...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Dits, Sep 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I think it should also be noted that muslim atrocities did also occure. While the Serbs were a larger force and better equipped militarily, the muslims did also perform ethnic cleansing in the areas they controlled or retreated from.

2. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

My 11 year old daughter cracks me up sometimes. She just said to me, after watching some news, that it was like the Montagues and Capulets and that Romeo is represented by our money and Juliet is represented by their oil.

While not totally accurate I thought it was pretty insightful for an 11 year old girl who cares about nothing but Anime.

3. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

Atrocities by some do not excuse atrocities by others. At some point this shit has to stop, and excusing oneself because of how some other idiots act or feeling better because the scoreboard shows more kills on the other side is lowering oneself to their level.

I'm so sick of people using their imaginary friends to justify hate, violence, and tyranny. It's scarier still to think that people who believe also think that this escalation is part of some "plan" toward a judgment day and is something to celebrate and look forward to. It's completely absurd and scary as hell to me.

4. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Buy low, sell high---------pussy and the love of money are the roots of all evil.

That's all anyone needs to know. :up:

5. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Obviously it comes from mom's side....:D

6. Sacko DougK

I have no dog in this fight. Just pointing out that it was not a all one side situation. BTW, your welcome.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Dude, seriously? You read my post and you did not see that it was missing a word? You have some serious catching up to do on 1990s history. :D

8. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I'm not being obtuse. I'm having trouble with you and Doyle tying Christianity to the atrocities in Srebanica. Where is this coming from? :confused:

9. Sacko DougK

Scratch that last part, I got mixed up with who was talking.

10. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I'm thinking he missed the Northern Ireland conflict as well. And since the Inquisition really was ancient history, maybe we all should forget about that too. :D

11. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Perhaps it has nothing to do with the religion or the inclination (be it spiritual or political), if a critical mass of people fervently beleives instead of understands, than ammasing a murderous mob is fairly easy.

Not too many Muslim were involved in the Kristallnacht...

12. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Again, I don't recall Christians taking part in Srebanica, dick.

13. earacing

earacing Race Dad

Right. It's all about a YouTube video and American foreign policy has nothing to do with it.

Protests are not directed at the U.S.

Maybe if we apologize some more and rewrite our constitution they'll eventually like us. Because that's what's important. :rolleyes:

14. turtlecreek

turtlecreek Well-Known Member

yes, because the communists are soooo religious. regarding Germany, they, just like the US were not/are not a Christian run government. using that logic, you could say that the civil war was because of Christians....that WWI was a Christian conflict, etc. the CHURCH has certainly led the way to atrocities. but please do not attempt to paint Christianity and Islam as the same.

have an honest conversation/debate about the actual doctrine and what a faithful follower does in one vs the other and there is no comparison.

Also, Islamic countries are RUN according to the doctrine of the religion. The US is not. Therefore, what their country does is indicative of the doctrine. What the US does is not. What Germany does is not....etc. I am not saying muslim people are bad. I am simply saying that a muslim that follows the doctrines of that religion are not my first choice of neighbors when compared to a Christian that follows the doctrine of Christ.

15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I didn't tie Christianity to the atrocities. Unlike you, I see a distinction between the individuals committing atrocities and the whole religion. I said I'm pretty sure it wasn't Muslims who executed 8000 Muslims in Srebrenica. Now, if you process by elimination, that doesn't leave a lot of other religions for Ratko Mladic and his crew to belong to. I'm gonna rule out Sikh and Hindu to begin with. Probably not Buddhist either. Help me out with more. :D

16. Bandit730

Bandit730 Racing neophyte

17. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

Islam has as many different sects with as many different interpretations and followers worshipping with as many different levels of devotion as Christianity does. They are certainly more stuck in the dark ages as a general group, but they are, still, as diverse a group as Christians.

To generalize them and pin the actions of a few to many is no different than doing so for Christianity, and is no less small-minded.

18. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Anybody who believes Nazi ideology had ANYTHING to do with Christianity is a dope. If you have to tie it to any "religion", Paganism and the Occult win out by a long shot.

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Good for you!

20. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:clap::clap::clap:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.