1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Preventing blisters gripping handles

Discussion in 'General' started by ronaldo9, Sep 13, 2012.

1. ronaldo9

ronaldo9 Well-Known Member

Just curious what everyone does to prevent blisters from riding. Do you just tape your hands or is there a special wrap one can buy?

2. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

I've ridden endurance races and never had blisters, ever.

Sounds like you are 'death gripping' it, which is not a good idea.

Hold on just tight enough, it will feel a whole lot better.

Stops arm pump too....

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Here's an old dirt trackers trick. Before you go to bed, piss on your hands. Do not wash them after. Do this long enough and your hands will be like untanned leather and you'll never get a blister again.

You'll also never have anyone shake your hands again.

4. UGA Dawg

UGA Dawg Fertile Member

Are you serious or are you just trying to get this guy to piss on his hands. Sick, Man. Really Sick.:D

5. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Get some fucking man-hands with callouses on them like a real man. Manual labor will fix your problem.

6. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I get massive blisters when riding MX, started using PalmSavers, havent gotten a blister since.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dead serious.

8. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Well-Known Member

Never blistered, either..... loosen up. Relax.

9. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

After a TD weekend I have blisters as well. I think it's more from ill-fitting gloves where the palm bunches up vs gripping to hard. Usually it's only bad after the end of the weekend and not just a day.

10. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

Mx is another story for blisters, if you don't hang the F on you fall off. Most likely I'll fitting gloves and a death grip.

11. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I too get a blister, but only on my middle finger of my throttle hand. I keep trying to find fuller throttle.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sadly doesn't work, uric acid will soften them :D

13. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

I still get blisters if I haven't ridden in a while regardless of grip tightness. On my left hand I get one on the lower palm where I push on the bars. On my right it's on the bottom of the knuckle from rolling the throttle. It's kind of backwards, but once they start to form, I sometimes have to grip a little tighter so the bars are a little more solid in my hand. People assume death grip, but that's not always the case.

Anyway, regardless of cause, I find a quick wrap with medical tape works fine. Once calluses form, I'm fine. The times I've ridden MX, I have had to tape my hands. Probably because I don't man up and buy gloves that fit right. Palm savers are awesome.

14. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

...maybe get a blister on your little finger. Maybe get a blister on your thumb...

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Readjust your clip on position...

16. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

roll of medical tape, put it on the blister area's before you ride

17. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

TZrider is right, change your clipon position. It may be in, to much, try moving the clipons out a bit for a flatter position on the grips with your hands.

18. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Perfect solution

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:clap:

20. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

We Gotta Install Microwave Ovens
    Custom Kitchen Deliveries
    We Gotta Move These Refrigerators
    We Gotta Move These Color TV's

Do all this and you won't have anymore problems!
    I think this is what bitchcake was trying to say.