Buying track suit in Beijing

Discussion in 'General' started by pcdarks, Sep 5, 2012.

1. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

I was in Tokyo a few years ago and was measured up for a Kushitani suit. Came home and had them ship it to me. Of course a far cry from buying in China but my input for you was on the customs end.
    No tariff was assessed on the import of the suit.

2. pcdarks

pcdarks Member

Thanks, this is what i am looking for

3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Apples and Oranges?

4. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Quality of product is slowly making its mark. However, work conditions not so fast. And when they do? The bargains go.

5. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Shhh! he might be done now

6. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

A buddy of mine was there probably 15 years ago and had a custom two piece 360 zipper sewn up. He wore it everyday commuting on his bike from Santee to La Jolla in Socal and is still probably wearing it unless he doesn't ride anymore. If I remember right he came across a guy wanting to make him a silk suit or something and ended up finding out the guy had some good leather. It was colored really nice (for the time) green and white so it matched his kawi and fit him good. Not sure if it had knee sliders can't remember...

7. indermue

indermue Active Member

Don't do it. I've been to China a couple of times. Bought some stuff, but it is always down on quality.

Both times I purchased cargo pants they split at the seems within 6 months. Not such a big deal since what I paid for them made them essentially single-use disposable pants.

BUT, I would never risk my life or my skin to save a $1000.

8. highsidephoto

highsidephoto Well-Known Member

"It puts the lotion on..."

9. sowega

sowega #710

Track Suit?

[​IMG]

10. pcdarks

pcdarks Member

Thanks for all the good input guys....NOT. Check your suits I did, My nice Joe rocket 2 piece...made in China

11. psychedelicbike

psychedelicbike Active Member

Joe Rocket has quality inspectors at their factories in China, street vendors don't.

12. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

From what I have observed personally and at work via key relationships developed with suppliers they can make almost anything (spectrum of quality) for a given price, cheap sh1t to top end. They compete on price and they cut the quality, then get screwed on price and the cycle repeats. They have capability no doubt, but a quality product built to a high spec isnt the default product, it means $$ and would have to be requested. And via negotiations, samples, specs, more negotiations, qc inspections and testing the product is maybe ok. As for a one off for something safety related for myself? F off, would never consider it. Good luck with your suit, i honestly hope you dont, keep us posted on how it wears.

Fwiw a friend who started a leathers business here said he uses ~ 5 suppliers from pakistan and got samples/quotes from more than one hundred suppliers.

13. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

:crackup:

Is that TUNA????

14. pcdarks

pcdarks Member

I came here to ask a legitimate question and was slammed with snide remarks, egotistical opinion and mean spirited people. As you can see I am new here. It's no wonder this sport is shrinking with people like you. It was even noted in another forum how badly I was treated here. I can only guess that you are like the guys on the track that need three cows to make your track suit. At least I found out what a bunch of jerks you are. Mongo you're at the top of the list. As a moderator instead of trying to redirect the comments you also had nothing but meanness to offer. please take me off of your forum or better yet ban me. When I go to the track I will surely tell people what kind of people you are.

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Which forum?

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No, you came here, asked a weird question, didn't like the answers and held your breathe and stomped your feet.

Most suits are made in Pakistan, not china.

Good luck buying your stuff in Beijing (wrong part of China to buy low cost stuff).

17. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Mommy they're being mean to me, make em stop. :crackup::crackup::crackup:

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I love it when they do this. :D

You could just stay away and achieve the same result.

19. sowega

sowega #710

No, puddin, you came here to have us validate a choice that you'd already made. You wanted us to all say, "Holy hell, that is the best idea that I have ever heard! You must be the smartest, best-looking, and coolest dude who has ever peed standing up!" As it stands, the choice you've made (buying a suit in Beijing) is not a very good one, and the WERA board told you so accordingly.

Be sure to tell everybody how mean WERA is right before you put on your cat-hide knockoff suit and tear up the novice group at your trackday.

20. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

:crackup::crackup: