1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why does Pepsi in the can taste so much better than in a plastic bottle

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Aug 30, 2012.

1. Gonzo

Gonzo Maybe you should drive...

Pepsi - not a Coke fan.

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I like the new mixed flavor fountain machines. Cherry vanilla coke zero. Reminds me of when I worked for my grandfather and we mixed them by hand. Two squirts of syrup, ice, add carbonated ater and stir.

3. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

7 Up bishes...:D

4. Derick

Derick Well-Known Member

if only there was a way to mainline mt dew

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

When I drink that type of shit, which is rare, I want only the best.

Jones cream soda in a glass bottle.

/thread.

6. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

Pepsi JUST announced they're changing their formula so the flavor doesn't lose it's punch. Something to do with the Aspertame and sitting in the heat.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Oh great. Welcome to the New Pepsi. Deja Vu all over again.

8. scotth

scotth Banned

Was that ice dragged in covered in sawdust on the horse-drawn buggy? :D

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

It was a mule smart ass and straw, not sawdust.

10. scotth

scotth Banned

Hey, I enjoy hearing stories about going down to the soda fountain at the apothecary--my great (great) aunt used to tell us stories about when Coca-Cola was first introduced and cost a penny.

I'll stay off your lawn. :D

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

pepsi has a pepsi retro or something like that available at the grocery in cans that uses cane sugar. Not bad but it still has that pepsi "sweet" taste to it.

I buy it once in awhile when it's on sale and coke isn't. I'm cheap.

12. Baird

Baird Well-Known Member

That's because the freestyle machine actually mixes the coke in itself it isn't just one concentrate like a normal fountain.

13. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Yes I know. We had an old style soda fountain in Grandad's pharmacy (I think it dated back to the 40's or early 50's). You could make cherry coke, cherry 7up, Dr. Pepper, or ask for a suicide and get a dash of every flavor at the counter. (I think there were 6 total syrup flavors)

14. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I think I see what you did there...Wasn't Toseland a big Coke In Can fan, or was it the other way 'round?

15. Yep... Pepsi Throwback. Ive been drinking those lately, and then tried a regular Pepsi again, and the regular Pepsi tasted terrible to me.

16. brex

brex Well-Known Member

:stupid:
    I can not drink "blue can" Pepsi any more. And Throwback in the plastic bottle is not the same as Throwback in the can.

17. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

You know what really tastes like crap compared to all other ways you can get it, those aluminum bottles of beer, same stuff as the can but it tastes like a donkey already drank the can and pissed in the aluminum bottle. But thats all you can get now at the ball parks.

18. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Whooosh.

Nasty shit. I don't know how people actually drink that stuff.

19. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

20. I hope it's not where you say his name three times and he returns or something... That guy was an idiot. He IS banned isn't he?