1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WOW, kid hit with a baseball receives 14.5 million from bat manufacturer

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by aedwards01, Aug 23, 2012.

1. vince69007

vince69007 CRASH277

for $28.. why wouldnt you buy one?

i feel bad for the kid, but should i be able to sue the paper mill for a papercut?

2. RR558

RR558 Well-Known Member

I don't agree at all with the suit but those type of bats have been injuring kids for a while now. There is a reason they can't use them in the pro's. You would have a lot of dead pitchers and home runs. It would cure the roid problem though.

3. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

What roid problem? Clemens was found not guilty :crackup:

4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Wow, this happened local to me I'm surprised it's reached national news. I agree that a bunch of lawyers fudged this one up too. Talk about setting precedence on more stupidity. I guess everyone involved was too broke to sue so why not the bat company?

If they were broke and they played on turf, I'm sure the Liars would have figured out another angle to sue them instead.

5. mikendzel

mikendzel Anonymous

I wasn't commenting on the suit either. I really don't have a dog in the fight, I was simply pointing out that the suit wasn't completely baseless.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Of course it is - the bat didn't cause the injury. The timing of the ball hitting the kid is what caused it - the same injury can be and is on a regular basis caused by hits that are much slower from balls that are just thrown and not hit.