1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why doesn't Yates have anything good to say about the bike?

Discussion in 'General' started by notbostrom, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I'm still kind of in shock too but the Multi will get a lot more use. Already rode it Cincy to Indy and to the track each day last weekend. No idea on Hans, don't think I've been in Helen since the last time I was there with you.

2. mdr14

mdr14 What?

Yates

Attached Files:

3. caferace

caferace No.

That's the thing. He didn't make a big deal out of it. At all. I was in the post-race press conference, and I talked to him after. He had no blame for Steve, who I also talked with right after the race and before the press conference. Steve thought another CRT was on his ass and saw no blue flags. Jorge saw no blue flags as well, as he said.

-jim

4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

No problem. Was a crazy thread. Someday, Lethal will get his ride.

5. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

HAHAHA I was right since get go. What do I win????:rock::clap:

6. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

BINGO

7. drebv4

drebv4 Well-Known Member

Checking in late on this thread but I would offer that "Yates" and "whiney" are mutually exclusive and don't belong in the same sentence -- ever, unless separated by "not." Period.

As for Rapp and Lorenzo -- I'm going with Steve (without actually hazarding a look back) assuming he was in a race for position -- finally. As a racer that is the correct of two choices and it IS the job of the trailing rider to make the pass. The absence of blue flags and Rapp's crew to tell him via a pit board confirms his decision to take up the challenge. The thought also occurred to me that IF Steve suspected it was Lorenzo (and he is bright enough to notice the cameras following him for whatever reason) that the TV time wasn't going to hurt.

Lastly -- props to both Attack and GP Tech crews for a job well done. You done us and yourselves proud.

8. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Jim, did you not see the word bubble above his helmet as he approched Rapp?
    "Watta the fk dooda, Dont'a you knowa who I am>>??? Move da fk over"

Then there was the UltraRude "Shaking of the Boot"...that is the FoTeTe...to the rider he passed...:crackup:

9. The Law

The Law Well-Known Member

Except that Steve rode within .5 seconds on that lap compared to his previous and next lap. He didn't push harder that lap than the other ones. He also has a tendency to step out the rear on entry because he uses a lot of rear brake to slow himself.

Unfortunately you didn't get to see a lot of his riding on the other laps on TV.

Anyway, I am glad Steve did not fold like a cheap house of cards just because someone came up from behind. It wasn't his responsibility to divine that it was Lorenzo rather than Ellison. That's what blue flags are for.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I saw the fbook pics and I was wondering how the Hyper changed color and grew luggage.

11. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

LMAO!!!

oooOOOOOOWEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! :crackup:

12. mdr14

mdr14 What?

>>>>

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sounds great but it's still bullshit - all of the other professionals that were passed by the leaders didn't need flags to do it right. Pedrosa came by, he had his board to tell him where Ellison was.

Make all the excuses you like, it was a bad call on his part.

14. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

I'll disagree , I thought it was good entertainment and no blue flag = not his fault . No need to call others opinions excuses or bullshit .

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If their opinions are excuses for blocking the points leader in a championship that the blocking rider isn't even close to competitive in - yep, I'm going to call them bullshit. None of the other riders had an issue knowing where their competitors were, none of them had an issue understanding their race for damn near last wasn't as important as letting the riders up front go by them.

This isn't club racing. Your race for last means nothing to the show.

16. malik ross

malik ross Waits for his asskicking.

11 pages.

you guys really know how to shit on someone's accomplishments.

a guy has an idea and gets a group together. the build a race bike. they throw a guy in the saddle who hasn't race a motorcycle in over two years and has never turned a lap on this race track. they are all able qualify for a world championship race and finish 1 place out of the points.

you assholes want to argue about how he said what he said and how he should have said what he said. you've spent more posts talking about what you think he should have said and how you'd have handled it and blahblahfuckingblahblah than actually congratulating them on what they accomplished.

then there is the whole Rapp thing. as if this thread was unnecessary enough you have to throw that minor and insignificant bit of time in here as well.

get the fuck over yourselves.

17. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Only 5 pages if you select max number of posts per page...

18. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

I think Malik Ross makes valid points.

Your results may vary!

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You do realize that the Yates think was handled on P1 and the rest of this is normal time wasting bullshit like 99% of the crap on here right?

20. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

No!

[​IMG]