1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any jet skiers? Who wants to go to the Bahamas?

Discussion in 'General' started by 675AV8R, Aug 2, 2012.

1. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Oh I absolutely, I'd much rather go to go to Freeport. Was thinking "just in case." Key West on a holiday weekend though? Would be a good time.

2. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

maybe if youre old and/or like the same sex?

NTTIAWWT ;)

I dunno, everyone I know that has been down there recently has said it's kind of dead

3. gpstar748

I am sure we will have a good time no matter which destination we end up at

I am pretty excited about the trip, should be a blast

:beer:

4. 675AV8R

:crackup: Fair enough.

Absolutely looking forward to this. I'm going to start ordering my gear on Monday :cool:

And damn did I fuck up that last post :eek: :crackup:

5. gpstar748

I am headed down to my old work (jet ski rental company) in Ocean City MD this weekend to borrow a life vest and search around some shops for a pair of glasses/goggles and maybe some gloves

Already have a pair of Slippery jet ski booties so I am covered there

I am bringing my mask/fins to do some snorkeling....anyone else?

I would bring my spear gun but I am not sure how they would feel about that on the plane..... :)

6. 675AV8R

Yep, I'm getting mask/fins as well. I think I've got some waterski gloves I'm going to wear. Still deciding on a jacket. Found some $20 "goggles" on Amazon that I'll pick up. They're more like oversized close-fitting sunglasses I think.

7. dale-505

dale-505 Ride Safe!

Good call on the Only 3 weeks away :D.

8. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

Hey, at 43 I barely qualify for Formula 40. :p

I've never had a bad expirience there, a good mix of people and a target rich environment everytime I've been there. Also, there is a very good Navy Lodge right in town. AV8R can probably get enough rooms for everyone at a good price.

9. dale-505

dale-505 Ride Safe!

"Wear a wet suit to protect against injuries to orifices (rectum and vagina)."

Damn, really?

10. gpstar748

Nah, youll be fine with just board shorts

11. caferace

caferace No.

Didn't take much to turn the tide. :D

-jim

12. 675AV8R

:crackup: Where the hell did that come from?

13. kangasj

kangasj Banned

I've never had any problems flying with my spear gun. Just have to check it. Mine was a pneumatic. They never asked me to depressurize it or anything..

14. Drago

Drago Well-Known Member

Just to let you know, spearguns are illegal in the Bahamas. Can only use a polespear or hawaiin sling.

15. kangasj

kangasj Banned

This is true. I still took mine and used it. A guy has to eat and it sure is an effective way to gather fish and lobster. I don't like pole spears. Poke way to many holes in fish and watch them swim away. I hate that.

16. gpstar748

:eek:

I guess I was jonesin for a cheap adventure since I couldnt make it to the Ulster GP

should be interesting to say the least although I know all too well how much I am going to want to get off the damn thing 2-3 hours into it ;)

17. gpstar748

good to know

18. dale-505

dale-505 Ride Safe!

I went to a jet ski shop over the weekend to understand just what I was getting myself into.

The Seadoos had several warning stickers. Apparently they are very concerned about lower body orificies.

19. wingsonwheels

wingsonwheels Well-Known Member

My ski has the same warning. Only really applies to passengers. Imagine falling off the back spread-eagle while that thing is and full throttle. As with all warnings, it is there because it happened and someone sued. If the driver falls off their hand isn't on the throttle anymore, so not a big deal.

20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Speaking as someone that rescued guys doing things like this, personally I think you all are nuts. But I do respect an adventure so I wish you the best of luck.

I can still hear the call in my sleep......"Coasta Guarda, Coasta Guarda, coma sava my boat!"