1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little too far...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Mongo, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

2. atspeed

atspeed Praying Member

3. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

It's just the manifestation of selfish behavior. He's trying to show how special he is by being more things to more people. Shows a lack of committment that is endemic, and getting worse by the countries insistence on celebrating "diversity."

He has absolutely none of the proud qualities of either culture/nation, and all of the qualities of someone that is intent on boosting their own self image.

just my opinon.

4. brex

brex Well-Known Member

What about the guy that was born and raised in the US, went to USC, is a US citizen but ran for the Dominican Republic and won a gold medal?
    He only held a Dominican Republic flag, so not apples to apples, but how do you feel about that situation?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, if he couldn't make the US team and the rules don't disallow it then not a huge deal - especially since he did the right thing by the country that got him to the show.

6. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

good thing this is in the dungeon...
    how would barack's behavior manifest itself?
    that's all i got.

7. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

I see this a lot anymore...Some athletes born in the US playing for/representing another country just so they can say they were in the Olympics. Others are showing some sort of heritage ala their parent's nationality like the said athlete from Bronx representing the Dominican Republic.

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It's pretty common for athletes with dual citizenship to compete for the least competitive country. Much easier to qualify.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

If the fucker took the gold in the event, was qualifying really a problem? :confused:

10. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

So what, I'm Heinz 57 myself but Tina's family on her mothers side is italian and flag waving proud of it. I don't see anyone bitching during Italian festival's, dem flags are everywhere and on US soil to boot.:wow::rolleyes::wow:

Change the channel and for shits sake, stay clear of that asshole on CNN.:crackup:

11. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

You'll have to be a wee bit more specific. ;)

12. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

True...

13. tarheelguy451

tarheelguy451 Well-Known Member

Deport him to Mexico for a few years, he loves his heritage so much, let him soak it up.

14. Strick

Strick Good to be king

This is the perfect summation

15. f4capt

f4capt Zoinks!

The USA Olympic committee should send Mexico a bill for 50% of his training costs over the last 4 years.

16. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

WTF :confused:

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dunno, he's wond Gold before but seems to have chosen to run for DR in 99.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

How many of them have waved the Italian flag when they won the Olympics for the US?

19. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Man, you guys take these colored drapes way too seriously...

20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Bring back the Gillooly, Harding & Associates hit squad for a reunion! :D