1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sv650 rear wheel conversion

Discussion in 'Tech' started by racer514, Aug 7, 2012.

1. racer514

racer514 Active Member

So it's getting harder and harder to find 160s for the SV. What wheel conversion is easiest (and cheapest) to be able to put a 180 tire on a gen SV650?

2. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

Talk to Zoran at TWF forum. He makes several conversion kits. The GSXR 600 06-07 wheel seems to be the best right now. Lightest for the money

3. mb4lunch

mb4lunch Expert#40 SouthEast

It won't be SS legal.. Stickboy always has 160's... so do the Pirelli boyz...maybe even...choke-choke...Dunflop....;-)

:up:

4. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

I believe Dunlop just started making a 160 slick. Pirelli has them and DOTs as well.

5. jimfowler

jimfowler Well-Known Member

bridgestone has multiple compounds for 160 rear tires. call/email quentin www.mizemobile.com

- jim

6. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Dunlop has made a 165 slick for some time. It was from the UK. The 165 slick and the 160 DOT (also from the UK) were the same profile.

I ran these on a 5.5" rim as that was the proper rim. For a 4.5" rim a 155 Sick or 150 DOT was the correct tire.

Now if you are talking about the new "NTEC" 160 DOT US made tire....one word, Pirelli.

7. Harp

Harp Well-Known Member

Why? I haven't tried it yet, but will need new tires at the next round...was thinking of trying the new US NTEC 160 for giggles.

8. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

Zoran sells a good set up. I machined my own rim and it was allot of work....allot. I am almost finished with the second rear rim.

I had no problem with the slicks for endurance racing, it was the DOT stuff where choices were limited. I ran Dunlop Slicks in endurance and they were great at Barber. I tried the B-Stones and and they were great and lasted....and lasted....and lasted. LOL

Good Luck !!