1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any jet skiers? Who wants to go to the Bahamas?

Discussion in 'General' started by 675AV8R, Aug 2, 2012.

1. 675AV8R

675AV8R Jetski Extraordinaire

Yep. Any further and I wouldn't do it.

2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

I have a feeling that if you get a bunch of racers to go with you, that a race is going to break out.

Vids please :)

3. 675AV8R

What's wrong with that? WOT range for anything but the high-horsepower skies is better than 80 miles :D

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Ain't
    No
    Way
    In Hell

5. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

I used to ride PWC's all day long all summer long for two summers in college

Unless it was completely calm seas with nearly 0 wind then I wouldn't even consider doing it, they suck riding through rough seas more than anything on this Earth

then again, once you ride them as much as I have you become a bit disenchanted them

the only time I ever consider getting back on one anymore is to jump breakers at the shoal near my former place of employment, other than that. F' em

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  6. crazywolf450r

crazywolf450r Well-Known Member

Just watched somw videos, I'm in :D
    What's the estimated cost on the rentals?

7. 675AV8R

See? :D

We're renting from here: http://www.jetskirentalflorida.com/

Here's the breakdown I posted on another board:
    $500 - Jet ski rental for 3 days
    $150 - Bahamas cruising fee
    $75/night - Bahama hotel room (can be split)
    $75/night - Estimated mainland hotel room (can be split)
    $50 - gas
    $200 - 5 days food/supplies (up to you how much you spend, includes Thursday/Monday travel days)

It certainly isn't cheap, but I'd rather do this than sit on a beach in Mexico for a few days like some other friends are doing.

8. 675AV8R

3 of us from here are driving down so that we can load up gas cans and ice chests and such as well as pick up the skis. The guy has a delivery fee that's mileage-based I'm sure, but we're only about 10 miles from his shop. Also, if you want to fly, I've got access to 2 and possibly 3 Southwest flight vouchers for free.

9. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Don't forget your passports either.

10. dale-505

dale-505 Ride Safe!

Damn, this sounds fun as hell.

I've been looking to do something fun in the near future. This could be the ticket.

11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Just curious, what's the shark situation in those waters?

12. 675AV8R

I called and talked to the guy that owns the rental shop and he's VERY anal about maintenance. All of his skies are 2008 or newer, all in perfect condition. My buddy that's organizing this with me even mentioned distance rides and he said it would be no concern.

13. 675AV8R

Certainly not the worst spot in Florida but it's in the top 5. The number of attacks per year is pretty low though.

14. dieterly

dieterly Well-Known Member

Agree, but those areas in The Bahamas are pretty bad when it comes to sharks:up:

15. 675AV8R

Less talk of sharks, better pics of your avatar

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

fixtit4ya

17. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Heck I am right down the road from where you guys are taking off, was going to go to DR but now seriously considering this.

18. orientexpress11

orientexpress11 Well-Known Member

You're opening a can of worms by bringing the peanut galleries of both the BBS and the BnG together :eek:.

19. 675AV8R

Oh shit! :crackup:

20. 675AV8R

You know you want to :Poke: