1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Racedeck garage floor tiles

Discussion in 'General' started by pjzocc, Aug 2, 2012.

1. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Picked up some cool garage flooring tiles from Justin at www.ultimatefloorsystems.com :beer:

Great product, easy setup, and looks sweet! Shameless plug, I know, but when you find a good product from a good supplier, ya gotta share, right?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I did a 5'x8' section.

(If this is an inappropriate plug, I apologize)

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Meh, Justin sucks.

:D

3. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

Is that the free flow tile system? Looks nice.

4. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

It is. They're actually kinda grippy. I'm not anticipating rain in the garage but if you had them in your pit setup, I'd guess they wouldn't get slippery in the rain.

5. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Don't drop any small nuts ,or bolts :).

6. grd264

grd264 Well-Known Member

What did it cost ya per sf??

7. Aberk

Aberk Well-Known Member

That's what magnets are for...unless they're aluminum.

8. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Good thing I gots some big nuts...

:D

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  9. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

Wanna say the whole shabang was a touch under $160 with shipping.

10. freedomgli

freedomgli Well-Known Member

RaceDeck is popular with the folks over at Garage Journal forum. I'm thinking about getting them for my small 1-car garage that I'm hoping to convert into a workshop. I'm not a big fan of the way the tiles sound on bare concrete when you step on them nor am I fond of putting landscaping mesh underneath them to dampen the sound. But they do make tired old floors look a lot better. Price depends on quantity and style but I was recently quoted 160 square feet of tiles @ $2.89 PSF = $462 plus edging at $1.25 PLF.

11. GM GIXXER

GM GIXXER Well-Known Member

I like that, wanted to get something like that for quite a while. Thanks for the info.

12. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

FYI: if you ever need to move your Race Deck and dont want to take it apart just take your leaf blower, turn it on, and aim it as the edge of the flooring. It lifts the entire Race Deck into a sort of hovercraft and you can push it around with one finger.

13. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Leaf blower & Race Deck on order :up: :D

14. sonicnofadz

sonicnofadz Well-Known Member

Rather just do a thick layer of 2 part epoxy, that stuff is awesome, and no oil/coolant stains!

15. orgsxrracer

orgsxrracer Well-Known Member

BTW - RaceDeck is protected from household cleaners and oils. I have sold many AMA teams free flow flooring and many are going on several years of usage and it still looks great. Not to mention we have a great warranty on our flooring products.

My pricing is $2.95 sq/ft for Free Flow or $3.49 sq/ft for the Diamond Tile/Circle Trac flooring, which is a solid tile and can handle higher rolling loads capacity.

I give WERA racers 10% off, which in many cases makes shipping almost free, but all depends on where you live.

Floor looks great PJ!

Justin

16. orgsxrracer

Hey Mongo, thanks for the props! :moon:

17. duc995

duc995 Yep…

So if you spill some oil or liquid on them it doesn't penetrate to the floor surface below? If your bike was leaking fluids would there be a visible puddle underneath or would it continue to the concrete below and leave you unaware?

18. orgsxrracer

The free flow, the oil/water/dirt etc will run through onto the floor below. The Solid tiles (Diamond Tile and Free Flow) are solid tiles, some may make it through between the tiles if it sat long enough but not much would get through, tiles fit pretty tight. You would definitely notice something leaking with the solid tiles vs the free flow.

Free flow is nice for people who drive cars into garages and with rain/snow, it drips off car, goes through the tiles and you can walk on the tiles and not really get your feet wet. Same applies if you wash your bike and put it away before it dries etc.

Free flow is lighter weight and a bit thinner than the solid tiles as well.

Justin