1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | AMA | Laguna Seca, USA! | July 29, 2012

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Jul 26, 2012.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The EBR bikes have had up to 25lbs of ballast ADDED to them to meet minimum weight limits.

Just making an observation :)

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Believe it or not, in series with minimum weight standards, most teams still strive to get as much weight off the vehicle as possible, then they put the ballast on where it will least effect the handling.

3. chuckbear

chuckbear Totally radical, bro.

I didn't think most teams had to add weight, though I had heard the twins usually have to. I can't imagine they add weight in places where it would be very effect for wheelie control. Probably low and central? I don't know.

Anyway, I was just driving at the point that the electronics are there because they work better.

4. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

my comments are not about what works best. For that look at MotoGP. My comments are about what can help while still achieving that balance of cost versus performance. Also known as budget racing.

5. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

As to my previous outbursts in this thread. I need to apologize to Rick and the others. No excuses. I was just being a dick. I'm sorry

6. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

So all of a sudden, you're not a dick anymore??? Riiiiighht.
    Go the fuck away.

Why stick around a place that you're really not welcomed? Stop trying to hang around the cool kids.

7. 2OLD2SLOW

2OLD2SLOW Well-Known Member

That's what I was saying too. They've been on the podium already and are getting close to it on a pretty consitant basis in large part due to Danny and Geoff's internal ECU's, but given parity in electronics it looks to me like that bike might get closer to the top step!

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You're talking to a man who added his own personal "R&D" to the estimate of his used bike's value. Are you surprised he is taking on professional race mechanics? :D

9. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

wait... what???

Where can I find this gem of a post?

10. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

How bad do you want it? :D

And then in another post he went on to say;

So ya :crackup:

11. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I don't post here much anymore, but that was in my top 5 favorites of all time. :D

12. Quicktoy

Thank ya Thank ya :D

13. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, just quit while you're behind. :crackup:

16. Quicktoy

HAHAHA Great quote

17. Razorboy

Razorboy ZAG Racing LLC

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

R&D from Graves adds value to a machine. R&D from some computer geek with no results to back up his R&D removes value from a machine.

That and Graves isn't sell a used machine for 22k. Graves is also including support of their product which like their R&D adds value to their product.

19. Mr Sunshine

Mr Sunshine Banned

Funny.

Show me what is better in that bike than what is in my bike? Seriously? That bike is a basically stock bike with a couple of things bolted to it. Same as mine.

The only thing my bike doesn't have is a rider who can show what it can do. But that's about research and development and its already been stated that people thing R&D isn't worth paying for.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's new. People can trust that the bolted on parts will work as advertised. It has been proven the parts being bolted on work as advertised via race results. It has the support of the Graves crew. It has proven R&D whereas you have R&D that has proven to be slow. You can blame the rider and you could be right but you have absolutely nothing to show your R&D doesn't actually hurt performance.