Been a long time!

Discussion in 'General' started by Stefan, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

Well last time I rode the SV was back in 05 at Nashville Super Speedway when I broke my left shoulder shortly before leaving to Iraq. A couple deployments and I am now living in Alaska after a long trip to Afghanistan.
    In between the deployments were 4 moves for my family and somewhere in there the key for my SV was lost. The steering isn't locked.
    I know some guys here know how to race wire a 2000 SV 650, if someone could help me out I would appreciate it. If needed I have the title and a registration sticker from Alaska for proof that I am the owner. I bought the bike from James Greeson back when I was stationed at Fort Benning. I'm just trying to get the SV up and running for Tanacross here in Alaska since it is the last run of the season (old flightline used for track days, races).

I'm going to be busy getting the carb cleaned out and fixing all the fiberglass. Sad that I haven't had time to ride it up until now.

Anyways, if anyone could help me out on the ignition part I would appreciate it.

2. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Whats up Stefan...good to see you back again..:beer:

3. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

According to my manual, you can disconnect the switch from the main harness and connect the following pairs of wires:

Red --> Orange
    Orange/Red --> Black/White
    Gray --> Brown

If you think you won't ever find the key, make a mating connector with those connections, mail the complete switch to me, and I'll get a key made for it. I had to do something similar for an old Honda last year.

If you need any further help, PM me.

4. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Can't they just make a key at the dealership off the vin number?

5. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I was told at the Honda dealership that they couldn't.

Could be they didn't want to bother, or the bike was too old.

6. steadyeddie

steadyeddie Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  7. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

Are you going to trace up there? I just sent some tires up there for a guy.

8. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

Not sure aobut Trace? I'm still pretty new here. I am going to a place just north of Tok.

What ohm resistance do I need?

Glad to be back :beer: and thank you for the help!

9. steadyeddie

steadyeddie Well-Known Member

Says right on the diagram; 100 ohm/.5 watt.

10. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Cut Stick some slack. He crashed his bicycle today. :D

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And I still need to buy a damn Cavalry hat... :D

12. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

Glaad I'm still remembered! I'll have to take a picture of mine for you! Oh, the good old days!

13. How are you going to put gas in it?

14. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

I changed out the gas cap a long time ago when I had dreams about running endurance with James.