Roebling review

Discussion in 'General' started by V5 Racer, Jul 23, 2012.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

No worries, it was a really good weekend and I wanted to share. I left out the negative bits about my roof mount AC not draining and keeping me up all night raining on me, the fire ants, my stupid toe, etc.. :D

2. bitchcakes

bitchcakes reluctant member

Long hair, hippie Kurt is a cool guy to hang out with at the track and the hippie thing is even making him faster I think. Keep growing it man! Had fun with everybody despite the heat and the gnat swarms. Made some new friends and it was great to see/drink beers with all the old ones. Mike Bailey's "chicken party" was probably the highlight and there was even some really good racing. Anyone who didn't make it to Roebling really missed out this time.

3. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

28's dude, 28's. Did you get my text? You were really hauling the mail out there, I actually went faster on Sunday than Saturday but you were just gone. :bow:

I forgot about the gnats. The van was full of them the whole way home, little bastids.

4. F3manman

F3manman Well-Known Member

Yea I don't have much to brag about except for possibly completing more flips than anyone that weekend. Oh and I got to watch an awesome three way battle in BSS expert from the outside of turn 4 as I awaited my blue chariot (crash truck). Who ever you guys were, that was good stuff! Crash footage if any of you get bored.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rhkKpyomfs&feature=youtube_gdata_player

5. JCHorton#132

JCHorton#132 Well-Known Member

He ran 28's last time too, kudos brother. Bit of an aggrevating weekend but still had a good time and good to see all the peeps. See ya at Road A!!!

6. Mikey Likes it

Mikey Likes it Active Member

Dawn and I both had a blast. We both are seeing some improvements, which is all that we are looking to accomplish. It was great to see everyone again, and hope to see everyone at Tally.

Kurt........ I want my two dollars J/K

7. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Our friend and team mate Dylan enjoyed hanging on to the pair of you on Sunday. :up: Hopefully he will run his ninjette some more this season.

8. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

You both looked good! Real smooth thru the section where Kathy and I were watching. See you at Tally!!!:beer:

9. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Guess I have a second left to find, then.

[​IMG]

10. Steve C

Steve C Mostly working.

My third WERA weekend started off dropping a second a lap in first practice. I needed about 10 more laps to be competitive :) I'm still learning to ride the 250 - a 600, it ain't.

Anyway, i futzed around and took third novice in ESS on Saturday thanks to some luck. The bike was fussy starting, and it would bog between 30% and 70% throttle, so off or ON were my two choices. Which, on the 250 is about right. Skipped first practice Sunday. Suited up for second practice and the *7^%&*9&^^76 would NOT start. I swapped plugs - nothing. I figured trash in carbs, or some such malady. With no spare carbs, I packed up and headed for the barn (with WERA's transponder still attached) ARRRRGH!!.

Thanks to Mike and Dawn for their company - good people, you are. I met the Duke boys briefly - I was pitted two down from them, but they must have been at the other end with all the other 2 fiddy folk. They were never there. Saw Ed Saturday after we finished. Met Kurt and Bitchcakes (and jellybean too.) Definitely the best peeps in the paddock - and the best cheerleaders at award time too. :up:

Oh, yeah, got the carbs apart. One of the round black rubber thingies that makes the slide go up and down under vacuume (you know what that is, right?) had a tear in it. That's racin'.

Many thanks to all the WERA folks that take our money and keep us organized - think about that for a minute :bow::clap:

See y'all next time.:beer:

Steve

11. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

Slide diaphram. Sucks dude. Box in first race though!

12. I didn't even attempt it. :D

13. JCHorton#132

JCHorton#132 Well-Known Member

It was good to meet you man, we were never there because after practice we got out of there and hit the pool and A/C at the hotel, figured we weren't racing til 330ish anyway and you know us mountain folk don't care for all that heat in the flatlands. I had some bike probs both days but at least the ole girl started, just ran like snot. I had probs with my carb diaphragm's once too = not fun, sorry bro

14. mmfoor

mmfoor Team Stupid!

You left that second at the cheekin party Sat night!:D

Steve, those diaprhams split if you just look at them sideways. Don't ask how I know!!! And another set of carbs off fleabay was cheaper than replacing the damn thang.

Man-up and read it; it will expand your horizons as you look deeply into my bipolar soul.:beer:

15. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

No way, the chicken and spiced rum got me going, I went faster on Sunday than Saturday. Just wasn't fast enough.

16. Umbrella girl #1

Umbrella girl #1 Well-Known Member

So Steve C..... Are you going to return the WERA transponder to us. I tried
    calling and have not heard anything from you.... WELL????:confused::confused:

17. James Bayles

James Bayles Well-Known Member

Steve C, I was packing carbs and parts, if Ihad known I could have helped.

18. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

+1

That's what you have to do if you need parts, troll the paddock looking for them. I appreciated you (Steve) digging through your stuff looking for brake pads for me.

19. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

Ok, went and dug up the mylaps. Looks like in March he did 1 1:28 as a last lap hail mary, all the rest were over 1:30. This time he was doing them over and over, he would have finished ~7 seconds ahead of Brandon.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2012
  20. Umbrella girl #1

Umbrella girl #1 Well-Known Member

Just to let you guys know, Steve did bring his transponder to the office and
    was very gracious. From now on you guys be good to him........:bow: