1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lithium battery for truck ?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by PantyBuncher, Jul 13, 2012.

1. PantyBuncher

PantyBuncher Well-Known Member

i find that running the stereo at trackdays can result in a dead battery and bump starting an automatic is difficult. i'd like to put in a second one, but there isn't space to easily put in a second full size battery.

can someone point me to a lithium battery that is maybe 2/3 full size, along with an isolation kit if necessary ? it seems to me that with the increased energy density of a lithium battery, a 2/3 size battery should be WAY more than enough for this application.

thx

2. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

Get rid of that twat boom sonic blaster that peels paint off the hot pit walls and do us all a favor.

3. tittys04

tittys04 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

4. PantyBuncher

5. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

Or just buy a battery for the stereo? Or a stereo you can plug into 120v.

6. PantyBuncher

yeah, that might be simpler. just put in a smaller lead acid battery with an isolator that has enough kick to start the vehicle as a backup, or use a manual isolator to keep the main battery from going down. hmmmm, everything is so complicated. why can't they just build the car right to start with.

199 - such a whiner, you're the one who gave me the pit mood lighting. what'd you think was going to happen ? it's what we in the business, i'm in the business, call comparative negligence.

7. afm199

afm199 Well-Known Member

That stuff was experimental high luminosity super photon emitting product from Livermore Lab. You should not use it indoors. The Gamma ray output will sterilize you.

8. Tractionless

Tractionless Well-Known Member

I thought capacators were used for helping the issues you're having?

In any event I currently have a Lithium Pros http://lithiumpros.com/ battery in my hobby car. From what I'm now finding out they don't reserve energy very long. For instance, I need to put it on a battery tender after 5 days or it goes to 3v, no I don't have a draw.

9. PantyBuncher

no, i just need more total amps. it's a stock stereo.

your Li battery is bad. i have one in a bike, it can sit for 6 months and fire up no problem.

10. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Call me crazy, but....why not just connect a battery charger to your truck that runs off your generator, 120, or your pit neighbors 6k Generac with only a box fan plugged into it? :D

11. Tractionless

Tractionless Well-Known Member

Been back to the manufacturer and tested fine. After comparing it's stored capacity to my OEM lead acid in the car it's easy to see why it drains down.

I too have Lithium batteries in my motorcycles which sit and are just fine. Both the Maviryk and Shorai haven't let me down yet, different story in the car though. From what I've read on car forums others have experienced the same and switched back to lead acid. I believe a mobile stereo forum would serve you much better.

12. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Not Amps, Amp hours which is capacity.