1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yates to wildcard at Indy MotoGP on CRT bike

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Matt H

Matt H ah, mi scusi

You all are ridiculous. Statements like this are along the lines of "if you can't have Lorenzo and a full prototype, don't bother showing up." Maybe the team wants to proof-of-concept their CRT possibility; maybe they are proof-of-concepting a GSXR1000 motor in GP; maybe they all just want to do it because they want to and can; maybe a millions different things. So they put the bike together, get an experienced rider who is available to help; and get some press along the way. Sounds like it accomplishes a lot to me. Thinking like the statement above basically says to me the qualifying cut-off for racing should be 1 sec - everyone else get off the grid and don't mess up the race. Ridiculous.... so many of us guess should never have a dream to qualify for an AMA race or something.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

To showcase a US-made CRT entry piloted by a US-rider at the USGP.

Disalvo didn't have that much seat time on the Moto2 entry at Indy either but he still did quite impressively (yes I know Disalvo is and was actively racing at the time).

I'd rather see a gritty rider with the heart Yates has take the ride than lets say someone like Bostrom who pulls off after a handful of laps complaining about not being competitive after the fact (then you should have let someone else take the wildcard spot).

3. BiZ

BiZ a matter of weight ratios

Let me guess, you're the guy who complains about Selma Hyack's tits being fake.

4. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

:crackup:

wait, what? They're fake?!?! :(

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Negative. They are real.

6. Silo Pete

Silo Pete We have ignition.

Yates was selected for one reason: his experience. To the point

1. Yates's experience with a liter bike motor, and to the point a Suzuki powered liter bike. Mark is building the CRT motors for Geoff, using the GSXR1000 motor as a platform.

2. Yates's experience with the GSXR geometry, and to the point a Suzuki GSXR based frame. Geoff used a 2012 GSXR1000 frame geometry as a platform for the CRT chassis.

Based on his years riding a Suzuki, Yates was one of the logical choices. He has seat time, critical to developing a concept bike. Other riders were in the mix for the seat, but all were older names and had experience.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

There is no way those things are fake. No way.

8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Agreed.

[​IMG] :D

9. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

They're really fake? damn :(

10. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

I was watching from turn 4 thinking that Bostrom looked like a B group rider in a track day full of experts. I was so disappointed.

11. Shyster d'Oil

Shyster d'Oil Gerard Frommage

Isn't Yate's nickname "Dropkick"?

He could do relatively well, but it will be tough to outshine DiSalvo or Hayden's WC accomplishments.

Either way, it will add to my interest and the fun of watching the race live or on the laptop. I will root for him!!

12. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I may......or may not, know what you're talking about. :D

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Take a look at GP Techs results in Moto2. They don't clutter up the track. I would be very surprised if they don't beat a lot of the other CRT teams who have run all year.

14. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

When you actually stop looking at what others can do based on your internal struggles with results or lack there of and with learning new things, perhaps you will understand what accomplishments can be made with talent and determination...:up:

Last edited: Jun 21, 2012
  15. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

drunk sumbish! :D

16. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

This.:up:

17. run1racing

run1racing Well-Known Member

18. SethG

SethG Well-Known Member

CRT teams are still looking for lots of individual suppliers for things like engines and electronics etc....

it would not be surprising to see lots of teams do these one-off's to showcase a single component they would like to make and supply to CRT teams.

19. vonstallin

vonstallin Я - Ребенок Люциферов

I was thinking the same thing once I read Richards article about the billet frame he was making for his Attack Bike.

At the very least it can open the doors for him and others like him to become Fame manufactures like Sutter and branch off internationally.

20. g maloney

g maloney Well-Known Member

Thought I would chime in:
    Touchy feely reason: I'm doing it for the love of the sport.
    I'm confident the completed motorcycle will run competitive times. Obviously the factory teams have a huge advantage, but my goal is to run with the other CRT bikes and just accept where the factories end up. I'm very confident in Aaron Yate's ability to do a good job. The goal is to make this bike work well for Aaron at Indy (no need to worry about a well rounded bike, just focusing on Indy). MCJ Motorsports has a good engine combination - well know for their reliability and power.
    What does it accomplish? Too many things to list. The village of people it takes to make this happen are working. Parts are being purchased. Money and skills are going right back into this industry. In years past with the moto 2 entries, most people who contributed (sponsors, staff, etc) all came away with more work within the industry. My hope is everyone involved will benefit in some way from this association. It is my hope Aaron is able to secure a ride after Indy or continue his racing.
    The bike will have top shelf components with a good staff to understand every adjustment. I will give him the best we have to offer to allow him to do his job.
    reason: build a protype chassis (designed in Canada, machined in the USA), source the parts, extensive planning, international negotiations, back up plans, spares, frieght, logistics, personel management, show what the USA/Canada has to offer in the biggest championship in the world - put one of the best American riders on the GP grid - on home soil (at one of the most historic venues in racing).
    Only time will tell, either way there is no turning back and I am giving it 110% 24hrs a day until the checkered flag.

anyone want to buy moto 2 tires or a spec Suter moto 2 clutch (for cbr600)?