1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much beer.........

Discussion in 'General' started by Norton#357, May 25, 2012.

1. Norton#357

Norton#357 Well-Known Member

can you make with tanks this big? The brewery next door is expanding and it looks like they are going to be brewing some serious quantities. Don't know what these tanks do but they are huge....40' at least.:beer:
    IMG_1133.JPG

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Is that Sweetwater?

3. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

James.....that would last me,you and charlie for a week or two.......................

4. Heikes

Heikes Well-Known Member

Let's say at least a 12-pack of bottles.

5. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

as if.

you'd find a way to steal their share. :tut:

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  6. MC Power House

MC Power House www.mphbikes.com

It says in your location that you're in Cumming.

Please let me know where that is exactly.

I think we have a drill, a funnel and some empty VP cans somewhere...

7. Norton#357

Norton#357 Well-Known Member

Yep, it's right outside my office window.

8. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

<warning: beer geek>
    Tough to tell based on the angle and scaling, but I would estimate those at 100-200 BBL tanks. A BBL is 31 US gallons, so, probably enough to fill a small home size swimming pool. :beer:

<edit> Rx revels that Sweetwater has an estimated annual capacity of 100K BBL, which likely puts the brewhouse at 50BBL and tanks at 2x brewlength, so nominal 100BL +30% for ferment overspace.

9. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Not quite enough...... :beer:

10. grd264

grd264 Well-Known Member

Those are S.S. cone bottom hoppers and they look to be about 12’dia. x 32’ high which would be around 27,000 gallons each……so a total of 108,000 gallons of beer….Nice!!

11. dsapsis

Diameter is considerably less than 12'. for scale reference, see the pallet of malt sacks -- they are about 3 feet long.

12. Heikes

Heikes Well-Known Member

Standard pallets are 40" x 48". Those are facing 48" wide...unless they are custom pallets. Those tanks look to be 10'-12'D

13. dsapsis

Could be, as I meant the sacks themselves are 3 feet long. The tanks are also jacketed, so internal dimension < outer. No matter, they are bigger than I thought originally-- more like 3-400 BBL. If that's the case I bet the brewlength is longer than 50BBL. 100K barrels a year is a lot of production (2x Anchor), but certainly nothing like Sierra or Sam Adams. Then there is that PN brewery that has a guaranteed demand through WERA. :D

Industrial brewing, while a lot like it was a hundred years ago, is technologically changing pretty fast.

14. grd264

grd264 Well-Known Member

10' to 12' dia......they are shop built tanks and you can haul 12' wide tanks down the road...but it a pain in the ass if there going very far.