1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About AMA

Discussion in 'General' started by alfgsxr, May 16, 2012.

1. alfgsxr

alfgsxr Member

Hello
    Let me introduce myself, My name is Alfonso Garcia and I am planning a trip to USA to visit a friend.
    I'm in the competcion in Spain, work in the CEV for over 5 years (Stop and go, Spirit Racing, Brembo, Motorrad competition ...) and am in the competition for more than ten years as well as pilot and technician.
    I'm going in June and I would like to see an AMA race, I think I could learn something and seem technically complete, my question is. Is it easy to get a pit pass line?, How organized it uses the credentials? Do any of you is to have as a reference to go visit?.

Thank you very much for everything and forgive the inconvenience.

2. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Just to watch? If so, its just buy a spectator ticket and have fun. Dont think AMA even has a pit pass. You usually can just go walk through the paddock (pits).

Where in the US are you planning to visit?

3. cobra2497

cobra2497 Well-Known Member

AMA in June is at Barber Motorsports Park, Birmingham, AL and Road America, Elkhart Lake, WI.

A normal spectator ticket should be enough to see everything and watch the racing. You can find tickets and information on the AMA website.

http://www.amaproracing.com/rr/

4. Heikes

Heikes Well-Known Member

I know at Fontana/Auto Club Speedway with the regular spectator ticket you can go through the paddock.

5. alfgsxr

alfgsxr Member

Hello
    Thank you very much for answering, I know what to do.
    Here you can not normally circulate in the pit line if you're not a member of any team.
    Wooferino, june 15 i will go to San Antonio (TX) but as i told i would like to see The Difference Between the Spanish national (CEV the trampoline to moto3 and moto2) and AMA.
    I also think you have a concept in the U.S. show much greater than ours and would like to see you doing things there.

6. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

7. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

And John steps in to steer the man in the right direction. Have fun Alfgsxr.

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

:beer:

9. alfgsxr

alfgsxr Member

thanks john29 for the contact, and thanks to all for your help.
    The people of this forum are great.

10. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Are there hot-pit passes sold, or do you have to have team credentials? Only been to one AMA race, at Laguna, and I was working for a team so I had an ID that got me through to the garages.

11. RacerRuss

RacerRuss Well-Known Member

You have to be affiliated with a team to get a hot pit pass (as well as have a current AMA Pro Roadracing membership) and you are supposed to be in team colors to enter hot pit, they do enforce it on Sat and Sunday. Cold pits have always been available for the fans to walk through as they wish with only their ticket.

12. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

Gotcha. Would be neat if someone could sort this guy out with an extra team pass.

13. grd264

grd264 Well-Known Member

It cost $175 per person to get a team hot pit pass......$100 (per year) to get a AMA menbership and then $75 per race early entry....

14. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

I was @ Infineon 2011, thought about purchasing a hot pit pass for ??....I think it was $50.
    Decided against it and went for 4.16 beers instead :beer:

15. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

San Antonio really isn't near any of the AMA rounds, you'll need to fly somewhere. Gotta remember, the US is really big with no real train system like you're used to.

If you're hear on the 15th, the next round is at Barbra in Birmingham Alabama on June 22-24. VERY nice track/facility, probably the best designed one in the US by far. Should be easy to fly from San Antonio to Birmingham, under two hours I think.

Shame you're not hear at the end of May. The AMA/WSBK round at Miller would be idea. The place is HUGE, and pretty easy to get around and view the race from anywhere. Probably second to Barbara in terms of facilities, but it's a much larger and faster track. Bigger crowd too.

Regarding hot pit access, i would start emailing/contact some of the AMA teams and make some friends, maybe they can hook you up in exchange for some help. I think you'd have better luck with some of the lesser non-factory teams, for they all get the same access. Probably even let you turn a wrench or two if you can prove your self.

16. alfgsxr

alfgsxr Member

Hi Antirich, thanks for your help.
    Yes I know Texas is bigger than Spain but i will drive to the track (8 hours) and buy a pit pass because i think no body let me turn a wrench if they dont know haw i work.

IF ANY ONE NEEDS HELP I CAN HELP HIM.... HAVE 9 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN COMPETITION IN CEV.

well will see :)

See you there if you go to the races

17. backbone

backbone scarred for life

Barber is more like 12 hours from San Antonio.

Get a ticket to fly as soon as possible and it will be cheaper and less hassle.