1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine transport from Irvine to Miller

Discussion in 'General' started by 178SV, May 10, 2012.

1. 178SV

178SV now retired...

Anyone near Irvine headed to Miller for the WERA round willing to transport an SV engine? Final destination is Denver, the buyer would work that part out.

2. Blue Junk

Blue Junk Well-Known Member

Ship that thing for $80 and be done with it...:Poke:

3. 178SV

178SV now retired...

That would be wonderful... I imagined it would be more involved and costly than that.

what shipper do you recommend and where do I get a crate?

4. Blue Junk

Well, I lied it's not. Rates have obviously gone up in some categories... I just quoted it for you and it's $150.

Sorry, I should have checked first.:eek:

5. tophyr

tophyr Grid Filler

check with weig17 on this board. Dunno how close Irvine is to where he is, or how close Denver is along his route, but he's one helpful fella

6. 178SV

178SV now retired...

Cool, was that to Miller or all the way to Denver? Where did you quote it?

7. 178SV

178SV now retired...

Anyone remember where that thread is with the picture of an engine set on an office chair wrapped in cellophane?

8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm near Irvine, and I'm going to Miller. I will know in the next couple of days, If I'm driving out my equipment, or if someone else is?

9. 178SV

178SV now retired...

That would be great! You are between where I live and where I work. Let me know.

10. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Weig17 is in Long Beach which is close.

11. Blue Junk

That was from Irivine to Denver.

12. mxracer95

mxracer95 Well-Known Member

Check freightquote.com for a shipping quote. I've shipped several engines and always got rates < $120 through them. Freight class is 150.

13. Boman Forklift

178SV, what size is the engine? I think we may be driving my civic up, will it fit in the trunk? Give me some measurements. If not me, If you can get it up to the LA area, I can get someone else to take it.

Lastly, I'm paying between 120-180 to ship a motor from Little Rock to LA.

14. 178SV

178SV now retired...

Thanks Rob. I appreciate the follow up. Although the buyer wants it in "principle", we haven't agreed on a price. It may not be going anywhere. I'll take some measurements...

15. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

Sent ya a pm

16. 178SV

178SV now retired...

Rob,

I found a ride for my engine with a bit more cargo space. (truck) Thanks for the offer to help! Good people in here.

17. Boman Forklift

I'm glad you worked it out, it wasn't a R6 engine was it? I'm looking for one of those.

18. jamve

jamve Well-Known Member

Nah it's an SV engine. I'm picking it up for him tomorrow and bringing it with me. I swear I saw you in Mission Viejo by La Paz road last week Rob. I was in my work truck.

19. Boman Forklift

Could be, I live off Alicia and go by La Paz sometimes.

20. 178SV

178SV now retired...

Rob,

I just sent you a PM regarding the engine if you're still available.