1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friendly 1000

Discussion in 'General' started by rafa, May 14, 2012.

1. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

From these two which one would be the friendlier 1k for trackdyas

07 gsxr 1000
    or
    08 cbr 1000

Im sure the newer bikes with tc would be better but they are at different categories imo.

2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

For trackdays? None of them.

3. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

My vote would be the Honder. Lighter, better handling, less power, but I have a 08 GSXR 1000 so what do I know lol

4. 418

418 Expert #59

I heard the CBR1000RR handles really well but the motor is a bit weak. Not a concern for trackdays. I have a 1K7 and it can be a bit of a handful but the motor is real smooth/fast and the thing is forgiving. I'd think you couldn't go wrong with either one.

TC is over rated.

5. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Friendlier? CBR

Everything else? GSXR

But for a trackday bike, get yourself a GSXR 750. Handles much better then both, and has more power then you'd need for even an 'A' group TD.

6. 2OLD2SLOW

2OLD2SLOW Well-Known Member

Honda. Read comparison tests and you'll understand the reasons why.

7. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

Im not looking for it for a trackday, i got a k6 600 for it.

I was just discussing with my friend.
    The Kawi 1000 any year besides the new one it is just no friendly at all
    The r1 doesnt have too many reviews on it, but the ones out there dont say anything too special.

The Honda seems like a winner, but the k7 suzuki has a lot reviews saying it became a lot smoother than the k5 which is a little monster.

When you say everything else the GSXR what do you mean?

8. G 97

G 97 Garth

05/06 gsxr1000

9. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

:stupid:

10. Suburbanrancher

Suburbanrancher Chillzilla

Parts availability, widespread technical and setup data, paddock support...the GSXR beats the CBR, hands down.

11. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

07-08 GSXR 1000 hands down.

12. 418

418 Expert #59

Just make sure the frame isn't cracked. ;)

13. alocker

alocker Well-Known Member

Motor wise they feel similar, same thing with handling. If you plan on adjusting it or turning a wrench on it, GSXR by a mile.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Any 1000 is going to be a handful to manage to any degree once you start pushing the pace and need to control your throttle inputs very precisely.

15. G 97

G 97 Garth

No worries, a class action lawsuit and a $50 coupon solved any and all issues. :D

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  16. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

You guys are not making this any easier haha....

I will call it a tie?

17. grd264

grd264 Well-Known Member

I have both bikes and the CBR is the easiest to ride in stock form.....but I race the GSXR. And if I had to choose between the two it would be the GIXXER hands down.

18. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

I'd say an '07-'08 Yamaha R1 if you're just looking for a good all around bike in that category.

19. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

What you think made the biggest difference on the suzuki? That made you like it more than the cbr?

20. elevenn7

elevenn7 Well-Known Member

There is way more aftermarket and track goodies for the Suzuki. Start saving now for tires.