1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fun car, 10 grand-ish?

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, May 10, 2012.

1. WERA

WERA Administrator

Nice. I've always wanted a sleeper wagon.

2. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

That wagon is nice. I am a big fan of sleeper wagons too. Being in Miami though, I wonder how much of that M5 swap was from a stolen car. ;)

RD- You know you want the 911, you just came on here looking for someone to confirm it. So, make yourself happy and buy it. If you decide you don't like it sell it and get another one of the fine automobiles that has been recommended here. And now to add my not so sensible recommendation, use part of the money to fix your Alfa, and use the rest to buy a well taken care of MGB. Chances are 90% of the time one of the two will be running well enough to drive and maybe if you are lucky the other 10% of the time the F150 you mentioned will be running.

3. Oh yeah? Well damnit, I...uhh...I mean...

Shit. I got nothin'.

:D

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

One of the car rags has a Hennessey Cadillac V wagon "test" in it. 700 plus HP and 10 second quater miles. Haven't had time to read it yet but the pictures are cool. :D

Hennessey Stole the "Hammer" name for it though.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah I've been eying that since they announced it. I'll never get one but it is cool.

6. I was at the dealership getting the oil changed in teh Duramax and was eye-balling a new CTS-V. A small car with 550+HP and 500+lb/ft of torque has GOT to be fun.

7. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

Why do jeeps have to get such crappy gas mileage? I could totally see me and the kiddo riding in jeep with the top down to school in the mornings, but the gas mileage sucks!!!

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What about a VW GTI? 2 or 4 doors, seats 4 and is a riot (I'd actually get the DSG transmission).

There's also those pontiac/ saturn two seater convertibles. They made a turbo version that had something like 240 hp. You might be able to find a few of those around cheapish.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because they're a brick on wheels and not light - which is why they do Jeep things so well.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The 400hp one was too damned fast for the street to be honest.

11. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I wish they would put a small diesel in the wrangler already!

The GTI is a great option too. I had a MKV and it was a blast to drive and surprisingly roomy. Not sure if you can find a decent one for $10k though.

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Me too, the boss has been on notice for a decade that as soon as they do whatever Jeep I have is getting traded even if it's at a loss.

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

CTS-V wagon passed me on I-20 the other morning. Wound up and flyin'! Sound that makes the hairs on your arm stand up. We exited the same and I was next to him at the light. I don't believe that was the stock exhaust. Good-ol Chris Craft idle burble.

14. Which makes the 500/500 look even better to me. :D

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just don't ever - and I mean ever - turn off the traction control and stability control.... :eek:

New one might be better, didn't they go to AWD?

16. Im almost positive it is an AWD.

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

No, the CTS-V is still RWD. You can get an AWD CTS, just not in the -V.

18. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

You serious? There is no such thing as to fast :)

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well that is about ridiculous of them. I want AWD with more hp not with a small motor.

I don't have the self discipline to not open it up occasionally and opening it up puts you at stupid fast really quick. Oddly I'm much more controlled on a bike, dunno why. Maybe if I'd been driving it every day I'd be better but kind of doubt it :D

20. Greg S

Greg S Well-Known Member

M3 just don't let the daughter drive it!!