1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lucky Kid!

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Repo Man, May 10, 2012.

1. WERA

WERA Administrator

I'm seriously curious because I see a lot of non-american cultures that treat women what I personally consider to be very badly. Wondering if those are the same ones that breast feed kids until they're toddlers or older. I don't find everyone thinking mistresses are okay or women being second class citizens or a lot of the way women are treated across the world to be normal and think its kind of fucked up.

2. Lanceabillion

Lanceabillion Registered Abuser

The kid's eyes staring at the camera adds to the creepiness.

I have a sister in law that breast fed her son until he was 3+. She followed all these nazi mom websites that said it was normal, as I am sure this article is going to discuss. She didn't think it was odd. The rest of the family was all skeeved out. The kid is now 5 and still not potty trained. Sucks to be him if they have to hold him back in the fall, as the schools wont take him unless he is potty trained. (that second aspect is just more laziness than anything else).

It was just creepy as the kid would help her set up the feeding area with the pillow, etc.

First 6 months, zero problem. Past that, issue with the Mom. Past past that, Mom is a mental case.

3. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I don't know honestly - I have never come across research that connects men treating women like shit to extended breastfeeding. An interesting thought though.

From the research I have read, children who are allowed to be self weaned (instead of being forced off from 6-12 months old) are smart, healthy and independent kids (disregarding the extremes of the group).

And those who say "if the kid is old enough to ask for it"... what do you think a baby does when it cries? It has no other means of communication. My child has several different cries, one of which is: "give me boob now, if you try to shove a bottle in my face one more time you will really hear it"

4. CausticYarn

Um. Everything I have been told is to try for 1 year and wean after that. 6 months is the halfway mark. You are telling us that most mom's are mental cases. Nice try.

5. Donkey1

Donkey1 Well-Known Member

Very interesting thought.

6. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I think it is predominant in poor countries where the mothers do not really have many other options to nurture their kids.

Once that kid can speak and chew solid foods...end it!

7. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

If the kid can talk...he doesn't need a tit to feed from.

8. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:stupid::clap:

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Let me introduce you to my cats...

11. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

My wife had a friend who still breast-fed her 4 y/o. The little punk would talk about planning his day around his "juicy". He said "I get a juicy when I wake up, a snacktime juicy, juicy after lunch and a night night juicy". I'm just shaking my head, thinking that after a kid gets his teeth and starts eating solid food, what is the benefit? I'm thinking mom has serious abandonment issues.

:confused:

12. Donkey1

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

What prominent university did y'all get your psychology degrees from?

14. CausticYarn

That is really fricken weird. But I wouldn't tell them they can't play like that in their own home.

People fail to realize that there are many women who do this. They just do it in the privacy of their own home. I am part of a "baby" community forum that discusses this all of the time...there are tons of women who admit to extended breastfeeding. Toddlers don't need much more nutrition than what they get from finger food - but the extra milk helps fill in the gaps. Toddlers really don't eat that much and most don't eat a wide variety of foods. "Normal" extended breastfeeding would include a feeding in the morning and a feeding before bed - sometimes it is just the bedtime feeding. Not during the day, not for comfort, not just because. The women who do this to comfort themselves are what gives it an odd note.

Again...it isn't something I would do, but I understand why it is done.

15. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

[​IMG]

16. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

I find it creepy, seems to me when the teeth come in it's time to stop.

Then again I'm 51 and I LOVE to breastfeed. ;)

17. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Is that a website or an actual school. Because I didn't see that booth at my high school's college fair! :mad:

18. Donkey1

My minor is in criminal psychology so while Im not a practicing therapist I have a pretty good understanding of why people do the shit they do. It was a lot more of a sarcastic joking remark than official diagnosis though.

19. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

And I've got minors in philosophy, American literature and business. But, I won't try to tell you why you exist, the best book to read or how to succeed in business.

20. CausticYarn

They only drink it if you put a dish down for them... they don't actively seek out other lactating animals like we do.

Some babies are born with teeth, what are those ones supposed to eat?

Darren is creeped out by breastmilk, I keep telling him I am going to make a batch of brownies for him with it :D