1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did Vintage GP/V1-4 Get Bumped/Pushed aside/Squeezed out of Tally August?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by videojack, May 9, 2012.

1. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

WERA Motorcycle Roadracing
    2012 Rules Updates as of 2/23/2012

Chapter 1
    10. Renamed/removed regions

Chapter 9
    4 j) In C/600 Superstock only DOT approved tires with an S or higher speed rating must be used and the original tread pattern can not be grooved or modified. Non-DOT approved rain tires may be used with no modification of their original molded tread pattern. Slicks are allowed in all other classes.

Chapter 11 - Vintage
    Formula 2-stroke
    Added TZ500 to eligible machines.

Vintage 2
    Allowed RD350 carbs to be bored out to 29.3mm from stock 28mm bore

2. Yamaha Fan

Yamaha Fan Well-Known Member

Best of 3

WERA has to do what it has to do to make it work in these times, I planned my season on getting 4 in without the first race (I my travel schedule allowed it) .... so this is a disappointment.

As far as the season best 3 out of 4 means that you have to hit 75 percent of your regional races. Interesting best 3 finishes actually reduces the pointed out combinations by one over best 6 or best 4.

Best 4 with double point GNF (the bbs takes out extra spaces so you will have to line the columns up vertically to get the picture.. there are 4 pointed out combinations for best 4, it is reduced to 3 for best of 3

Race 1 20 20 20 20
    Race 2 20 20 20 20
    Race 3 20 20 20 17
    Race 4 20 17 15 17
    Total 80 77 75 74
    GNF 34 40 40 40
    Championship 114 117 115 114

Best 3 with double point GNF

Race 1 20 20 20
    Race 2 20 20 20
    Race 3 20 17 15
    Total 60 57 55
    GNF 34 40 40
    Championship 94 97 95

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ok you lost the hell out of me on that one.

4. freedomgli

freedomgli Well-Known Member

The simple solution to this "problem" is simply to race more. Champions were never decided by people who threw away races or missed opportunities because they didn't want to travel. Race more and there will be more events and better grids and better championships. I know it's easy to talk the talk on a forum but I am still trying my hardest to get my bike completed so I can join y'all!

5. Yamaha Fan

The list show the finish and point combinations to be "pointed out" this refers to having enough points to win the championship if you win the GNF. there are 4 possible combination of finishes to be pointed out if it is best of 4 and there are 3 for best of 3.

Hope this helps...

6. Yamaha Fan

For many it is not a matter of not "wanting" to travel, it is a matter of being able to travel to a distant race. For some it is an issue of cost and for others it is the issue of getting the time off. If there is not enough time to plan and schedule the time then it can't happen.......

7. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Come on Free.....how long does it take to build a CB350? Whats it been, 3 years? 2010 at least, I checked....whats it gonna take to get you to commit to making a race THIS YEAR?....seriously, what do you need to borrow?

I've got parts and hands on 3, wait, 4 other racebikes, cuz their CB's are closer to the grid than mine. What do you need to borrow to make it to the grid?

I've enjoyed bantering with you in the past, but its time to step into the ring sir!

PM me with what will get you ON the track.

I may come off harsh sometimes, but I'm just being straightforward.

You HAD TO see this coming as you were posting, right? :)

Last edited: May 11, 2012
  8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Rut Roh!!

9. WERA

WERA Administrator

Works for the Olympics....

10. WERA

WERA Administrator

I actually read it all, good coffee this morning :D

Vintage on Friday at Talladega is a thought... Not sure if too many weekday V races will just start more shit tho.

11. WERA

WERA Administrator

That's not a big risk and we understand attendance can be down - if attendance were the only reason for decisions WERA would have a lot fewer classes being charged more money but getting more track time in return.

12. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Ahhhhh Thank god the coffee is a flowin!

I think that A race on a weekday is better than no race at all. And thanks again for the consideration.

The way I figure it, you'd keep both groups happy. The guys that are gonna practice will be there anyways= moolah for WERA. And the Vintage guys that are going for Championships will make it happen = more money for WERA. Also you guys already have the scheduling down and know you can run it.

13. james walker

james walker beat down, broken & busted

dude, i'll pay for the Varsity Van to show up at your office if we can have the Friday vintage round at Tally so as not to lose a round. $300 and one vacation day from work is worth it.

14. WERA

WERA Administrator

No Varisty Van needed and I'll talk to Evelyne about it. I think it's a great idea, just need to see if she does.

15. Norton#357

Norton#357 Well-Known Member

I would be in for a Friday race if it could happen. And I think I can actually have my bike ready by then, even if I have to get Charlie to ante up on his promises to help get more of us out there.:Poke:

16. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

I'll go................................

17. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Awesome. I like this WERA guy. He's nice. That Mongo dude woulda just Banned everyone and ran away customers. lol:Poke:

18. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I'm in with a Friday race day at TGPR. Might even stick around for the weekend and race the hybrid in the national F2 race for the hell of it.

19. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

C'mon man, just trying to use some fear tactics to get the riders out and support the race day. ;)

20. WERA

WERA Administrator

I can switch names back and it won't matter - no one will remember this just like they don't remember the other stuff I do that is straight from our racers.