1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yuengling most powerful beer brand in the U.S.

Discussion in 'General' started by rd400racer, May 8, 2012.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Give Burt Reynolds a Trans Am and a driver and he'll get you a truck load.

2. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I believe you. I was saying I would pick the cow if I had to drink the milk.

I don't consider eating goat cheese to be adventurous.

3. Vort3xR6

Vort3xR6 Well-Known Member

Never had it. Sounds like a Chinese beer. Colorado beer > All other beers.

4. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Yuengling used to taste different. About 15 years ago when it was still only sold in the NE part of the US it was better. Still good nowadays but a different beer.

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Just to be clear...You guys are talking about Yuengling LAGER. Yuengling also makes several other beers including a "lager light" a "beer" a "porter" a "black & tan" and a "chesterfield ale". If you like a stronger beer, try the black and tan.

These are probably only available locally as Yuengling has made it's national reputation on its lager brand.

Anyone else notice that even the mighty Budwieser is now advertising itself as Budweiser LAGER? Where'd that sh*t come from? It was always rice beer when I was a kid...now they're hyping it as a lager? It might actually be a lager style brew but it's funny that Yeungling and Sam Adams have dented it's sales so much that they had to change their approach to the market.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You mean the stuff in those 16oz "head breaker" recycle bottles? That is their Yuengling Premium Beer, a pilsener if I remember right. $9 a case!

They sold it in NY state but not in PA where I lived.

7. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

And I'm a beer guy, Ying-Ling is fine. :beer:

But you really, really need to try Hudy Amber Lager; myself and my drinkin' buddys have done many back to back taste tests, all like HAL better. $9.99 / 12 pack, and gets great reviews over on the Beer Advocate... :up:

[​IMG]

8. cincigp

cincigp Well-Known Member

+1 That is some pretty good stuff, especially for the price, although Yeungling is only a dollar or two more.

9. mattf

mattf Banned-a-lama-ding-dong.

Yeungling Black and Tan FTW

10. WERA

WERA Administrator

The Hudeppop is a hair more bitter than I prefer but it is good.

Yuengling does taste different depending on the brewery you get it from.

Bud is technically a Lager as weird as it seems.

11. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I really liked Hudy the first time I tried it. The next time it seemed a little too sweet for me. Either way, it's a good beer and I'm surprised I can get it in Florence, but not Lexington.

12. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

:rolleyes::Poke:

Obviously, never moved beyond coors light :Poke:

13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

There are four beers in my world:
    1) Yuengling
    2) Heineken
    3) Shiner bock
    4) Miller High Life (good enough for my dad, it's good enough for me).

Well, there's a 5th and that'd be "free beer" but that's another conversation. :D

14. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

I'll raise you :D (sorry about the head...didn't exactly pour carefully)

[​IMG]

15. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

:Poke: :mad:

16. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

What, no Guiness? :down:

17. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I'd be surprised if was really attributable to the source brewery; more likely regional practices in distributorship/handling. Warm storage degrades beer pretty fast. You prefer the PA stuff over the Tampa?

Why would Bud being a lager seem weird?

18. WERA

WERA Administrator

Doesn't seem weird to me, it's always been a lager, others however seem confused :D Agree on the distributor most likely being the main issue with Yuengling but I think the water might have a little to do with it. I did prefer PA over Tampa but not sure I'd notice now. Now the order is draft, bottle, can.

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Your yard needs some attention.:D

20. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I'd be very surprised if they aren't matching water chemistry. In soft-flavored (low bitterness, low sweetness) beers, it can be a major profile element.

Bud is definitely a lager, as in uses a lager yeast strain, and is fermented cold. They do things pretty old-school. If it weren't for them, whole cone hops would likely go the way of the dodo.

The commercial market is full of some bizarre labelings. Miler Lite as a "true pilsner beer" probably has the folks in Pilzn rolling...