1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bubba to Suzuki

Discussion in 'General' started by yzmaico, May 7, 2012.

1. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Justin Barcia. Lites-east champ. Just got promoted to factory Honda to ride 450's. Do yourself a favor and google some of this years interviews. He's cocky as hell and it makes me snicker.

2. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

I think you meant to say that Justin Barcia is the two time East Champion. He will be riding the 450 next year because he "pointed out" and is no longer eligible to ride the 250 in S/X.
    He's cocky for a reason and none of his competitors are "snickering" when they have to line up on the gate with him.

3. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

I did want to see Tomac get him in the whoops tho. Team Honda is going to be tough next year if they can stay healthy.

4. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

watkins glen and sonoma aren't in front of the fan, they still get good crowds, even talledega isnt right in front of you considering where your seated and the size of the track

club racing classes confuse people not familair with the sport

5. Lizard 1

Lizard 1 Well-Known Member

All this hatin...

He left th Yamaha finally. There are serious handling issues with the bike and he is now on one of the bikes we've all worried he'd go to. He is going to do well. Finally decided. Ike over money.

As for the guy that says Answer sales declined due to Stewart wearing it. Really?? Answer is selling shit piles of gear and stuff like the SK stuff is pretty damn hot. Racers don't sell gear or bikes. They validate brands.

Anyways, everyone knew this was coming. Not a bombshell at all. And, to everyone saying Yosh paying Stewy is why they cannot pay road racers, count the number of spectators SX/MX gets and get back to me.

6. Scott47

Scott47 Well-Known Member

I can't wait to see him on the 450.

7. mike w

mike w Knarf's buddy

shoulda watched the outdoors last year then...

8. Scott47

Scott47 Well-Known Member

honestly, I haven't seen an outdoors race for years. Not a diehard fan by any stretch but like to watch supercross in winter months. I need to go see 1 live someday, outdoors or indoors.

9. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

The best news I've heard all season!!!!!!

10. benny6d9

benny6d9 Well-Known Member

James Stewart will never win another Supercross or Motorcross Championship, but he would be a good development rider...

11. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am just glad he is signed for both SX and MX. The SX only bullshit pisses me off.
    I dont like Stewart much but hopefully this year of humble adjusted his attitude and he comes back like the kid I liked that ran 125's.
    Barcia will be fast on the 450 for sure but he sure didnt look like much Sunday AM at the Hard Rock...:D

12. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Development rider for safety gear you mean. I saw him refered to as The Magic Lawn Dart on another board :crackup:

13. Once a Wanker..

Once a Wanker.. Always a Wanker!

Tina says Ike was a mean bastard. She's got all of the money now!

Bubbles had speed & talent, for sure! Just not the work ethic & intellect to be come a successful wise old racer. Too bad.

Bubba a development rider? :crackup: Now that's funny right there!
    :crackhead:

14. puertorick

puertorick Banned

+1 :stupid: THE FASTEST MAN ON THE PLANET:up:

15. Dizzle

Dizzle Well-Known Member

Not even the fastest man on the JGR team. :up:

16. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

I have been a die hard Suzuki guy for a long time (crazy I know) but this will probably convert me to anything but what the fastest crasher in the world rides. Hype 259 4 ever.

17. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

go bubba:beer:bunch of no sense talking haters:p

18. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

The RMZ is by far the best handling/turning MX bike of the bunch. Only problem with it here of late is it has not had a top shelf rider. James is good but that yamaha was terrible and it showed. He will go fast on the Suzuki with a good team behind him. I for one am ready to see big yellow back on the top step of the box.

I can't wait for the show to start!!

19. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

If you were an advisor for the Suzuki team, would you have been pro or con on the Bubba decision? Not from any emotional attachment but from an analytical marketing view of cost benefit.

As I stated before, I don't see this as any kind of plus for Suzuki. They haven't been winning lately and if he does perform well, all the credit will go his way and if he doesn't perform well, he badmouths your bike too.

I don't know what it's like in other areas of the country but around here, Honda and Kawasaki fill the starting gates of the local M/X tracks. There was no big upsurge in people flocking to Yamaha when Bubba went to JGR and I doubt Suzuki dealers will see a sudden rise in sales and the accompanying influx of yellow to the tracks.

Honda has the customer loyalty and Kawasaki has the best contingency program out there.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

If I was running the Yosh Suzuki team I'd be rubbing one out at the thought of signing Bubba. Wouldn't care if he did nothing but make motorcycle noises while chasing hookers around the paddock with a foam dome on his head while dressed in a bunny suit.