Traction control in superstock?

Discussion in 'General' started by Fastway Racing, May 3, 2012.

1. Fastway Racing

Fastway Racing Well-Known Member

Is it legal in superstock -cc) You may replace the ECU/Black Box with any aftermarket unit or modify to any extent the stock unit.

2. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Yes

3. Fastway Racing

Fastway Racing Well-Known Member

Cool, I thought so..

4. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

BUT, you cannot have lightweight battery :D

5. Gorilla

Gorilla Let me push on that bitch

6. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Double Bubble?:D

7. primo

primo Well-Known Member

^ No!

8. WERA

WERA Administrator

It has to be plug and play - no additional sensors or the like that aren't stock on the bike.

9. earacing

earacing Race Dad

OK, I don't know if this has been brought up yet or not, but I want to know what's going on with the professional handle and signature. Where is the annoying avatar? I demand a return to the level of service that I have become accustomed to!

:crackup:

Last edited: May 4, 2012
  10. MrOneNut

MrOneNut Well-Known Member

I know Sean is going to kill me for this one, but I have to ask.

Is there anyway that we can make the C Superstock rules a mirror of the AMA Supersport rules? This way you could literally take an AMA SS bike and ride it in WERA C Superstock or vice versa with no changes. I figure since we are the only ones still required to run DOT's and slicks have now become an option for everyone else, maybe a small change could be made. This would allow the double bubbles and lightweight batteries to remain on bikes...

I know this topic has been discussed heavily before but with the shift to slicks, maybe this will be the time for change.

11. That is actually a pretty good idea, with good reasoning.

12. WERA

WERA Administrator

Your WERA legal machine is legal for AMA Supersport, you can easily run both classes with absolutely no changes.

13. True. But the converse isn't true; that is the point he was making. :beer:

14. WERA

WERA Administrator

I would suggest asking AMA Pro to change it's rules then as ours have been in place much longer and they just started their new class (relatively). They also run less races a year and have fewer riders.

FWIW - being able to run a WERA legal machine in both series means you can run one bike in both series with no changes. That is what he asked for and that is how to do what he asked.

15. MrOneNut

Thanks for the answer and I understand the heritage in WERA. I will keep my machine in WERA SS spec. I just wanted to see if those few things AMA does allow to maximize performance, though they may be trivial in the end (tiny weight reduction), could come to WERA.

16. WERA

WERA Administrator

There is always a possibility of changing the rules. But for those types of mods we need a good reason to do so since the further away from stock we get the more useless a superstock class is. Slicks was purely to help costs. Other items were either safer back in the day, or cheaper, or things changed before my time, or things we truly can't enforce like the ecu/traction control end of things.

Any rules change suggestions should be mailed to the office or emailed to [email protected] - they all go into a folder and the ALL get considered very seriously before a decision is made.

17. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

JMO but I believe for any rule to be effective, it must be enforced or it is just a moot point.

18. WERA

WERA Administrator

Rules are enforced a lot more often than you think ;)

Not everything needs to be a big public display. We've done it both ways and wind up catching the same amount of stuff which luckily is not all that much.

19. MrOneNut

Sean, I know you guys do a great job of keeping us all on an even playing field and enabling us to have some serious fun. I will follow your advice in the future regarding rules and inputs. Thanks again and see you at the track!