1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question for Talladega National Participants

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Apr 12, 2012.

1. Scott Harwell

Scott Harwell Well-Known Member

Move the date. It will help everybody out financially. Meaning race organizations and spectators.

2. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

To me it's no big deal either way. But I would rather not compete with AMA that weekend. Larger grids for everyone is better.

3. couch

couch Well-Known Member

TOBC votes to move the event as well... and would propose to make the NOLA round the substitute Endurance Event which could pull in some of the Teams from CMRA... but regardless of how it's rescheduled, if it doesn't conflict with AMA, moving it should boost the attendance and improve the revenue...

4. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

MOVE IT:)

I would LOVE to come out as I've got the bikes back together.

look for 4 racers who wouldnt be there at the current date from D&D if its moved.

5. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Im cool with moving it. Will help me with Miller.

6. KK352

KK352 Well-Known Member

Just spoke with SGA Racing via txt.

They wish to express their desire to keep the date as-is due to significant costs associated with changing flights & team commitments.

On behalf of Team SGA & KATRA, please keep the date as scheduled.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

As much as I'd love to do that - there is a reason NOLA wasn't an Endurance round to begin with.

8. I would love if it was moved. The 22nd is too close for me to put in vacation to make sure im off work. But if it was moved to August, i could definitely make it.

9. melissa

melissa Sir

AOD is fine with either date.

10. mperussault

mperussault Well-Known Member

Team Coyote is planning to go to Tally GP on April 20-22 and the team is AGAINST changing the date. And here is why:
    1) This is too short of a notice, period.
    2) Everybody knew months ago that there were 2 overlapping week ends with AMA races:
    A) Road Atlanta AMA & TallyGP WERA in April
    B) NOLA AMA & Road Atlanta WERA in October
    so I am not sure what is the emergency suddenly.
    3) Our team has booked hotels, airlines ticket (for some to get back to work on Monday morning flying out of ATL), requested and taken vacation days, planned for all the other peripheral stuff like kid's school etc. This is just too late.

I am speaking on behalf of Team Coyote Endurance and

Michel Perussault Expert # 350
    Major Long Expert # 391
    Marlon Boxe Expert # 236
    Dale Blackman Expert # 55
    :tut:
    And BTW , Emily never called me.

Michel.

11. automan

automan It's all about the drive!

+1

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

She called whatever number was on the form.

13. tlr74

tlr74 4seven4

Team Kinetic agrees with Ole' Coyote,
    People have made travel arrangements and the overlapping dates were known months ago.

That being said, we'll be at Tally whenever WERA decides.
    It sucks for those who were ready to leave one week from now or less and have to travel further distances to get to this event.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  14. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Sean,
    I have spoken with all the monkeys, and we are cool with a reschedule. NOLA or Barber would even be welcome.

15. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I'm ready but the rest of Team Buckeye is kinda scrambling for next week...I'm ok with either date..

16. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

I am involved in the racing next weekend.
    I agree with "NOT" moving the event.
    I know there are people with arrangements already made and will be expensive to change.
    It is also a bitch to get days off for vacation and now I would have to change it AGAIN.
    This is crazy that a week before the event your thinking about changing the event.
    NOT a good idea:down:

17. mperussault

mperussault Well-Known Member

So it comes down to this: on one side everybody who is not ready or not prepared or injured is OK to re-schedule. On the other side all the people that are ready or actually planned and booked everything in advance do not want to re-schedule.
    Very interesting situation, that got started by people that just realized that there was an AMA and WERA National during the same week end, again, lack of planning...this is 3 months old news.

It would say a lot if the "lack of planning" side of this gets the upper hand. (and clarify that AMA is more important than WERA obviously.... :)

18. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Still have to paint both bikes, waiting on rearsets and brakelines for the B bike..
    Been building one of the bikes from the ground up and was really wanting to get on a track before a race weekend.

I feel totally pressured and under the gun to be ready for Tally. Was gonna make it one way or the other, but a reschedule for us doesn't hurt our feelings at all.

19. vosnick52

vosnick52 Well-Known Member

Like Michael said (sorry if I mispelled),
    The lack of planning on some teams part is there fault and the planning should have started months ago.
    What about the teams that have their shit together and ready to race?
    I'm sorry but the AMA is not more important than WERA.
    What organization do you think most of the AMA riders started racing with?

20. merck148

merck148 Member

Hey man I have already made plans for this,and have taken off work.I also speak for others out of town that ahve also made plans in advance.